How to infuse THCA in coconut oil with buds

How can I use an oz of bud and infuse THCA it into coconut oil

I want to start ingesting THCA

Should I let it sit In the coconut oil at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 hours? Or longer ??

1 Like

I am not an expert on this but I think that typically in my experience if you are using a double boiler, you should keep it at a simmer, low and slow and what you are extracting is mainly THCA. I wouldn’t go over 8 hours. Strain with cheesecloth when done.

You can also add 2 parts water to 1 part oil to prevent burning it in the double boiler, then let it settle and separate in the fridge after you strain it.

If it’s just an Oz id use 4-6 Oz of coconut oil

2 Likes

Put it in a mason jar with coconut oil. Any amount of either will be ok, but I like 25 flower, 75 any fatty oil. Put the mason jar in a slow cooker on low heat for 6-8 hours. Keep water at 1-2 inches, and don’t seal the jar lid too tight. Remove and strain thru cheesecloth or metal coffee filter into new jar. Have fun!

2 Likes

Kief it. Then use a high shear homogenizer for 30-45 seconds.

Pretty sure @Sidco_Cat posted it somewhere.

Heat is not your friend. 8hrs at 180f will give significant decarb.

Proper decarboxylation temperatures - #2 by Ch0kingvictim

My preferred method has been etoh => Rotovap => into oil. Because formulating to exact potency is trivial that way.

4 Likes

Your preferred method is etoh => Rotovap => into oil. Because formulating to exact potency is trivial that way

Etoh is (ethanol)?

Can you recommend a Rotovap that’s around
$1500-$2000

In order to use the rotovap Does this process needs to be winterized separate the fatty lipids?

What are the steps to etoh to rotovap

1 Like

No winterizing is not necessary if your going to eat it. Folks winterize and remove the lipids to make a better extract for smoking.

You can use rotovap without winterizing if you wanted to.

2 Likes

I’d probably still do a room temp filtration for particles and crap

5 Likes