How to eliminate decarb smell?

Can I use this

I can put it on top of an electric stovetop filled with water and then add decarb solution in mason jars with a loose lid. What temp range do I need to use, medium-high or high heat on my burner?

Decarb in your roto after you recover your solvent you extract in. I just roto vapped 55 gallons of hexane with crude in it, now I’ll turn my bath to 150c and run the roto for 20 minutes to decarb and deterp. IMO a roto works better than a reactor.

4 Likes

What fluid do you use to get the roto to keep temp

1 Like

I’ve been using dynalene SF but I just found out it only goes to 150c for an open bath :confounded:

2 Likes

I feel this would be an easy work around to decarb and some terp

It makes life super easy, I decarb in my roto then carbon and clay scrub, winterize then I deterp up to 150c again in the roto after I recover my alcohol before loading the SPD

I gotta try similar sooner or later

Had mine crystallize lmao

I think the heating fluid can go to 200 c

My dumbass never realizes when I bought the SF that the open system temp is only 150c :confounded: shit works great for jacket fluid though, at 150c in my roto bath it starts to smoke a little

It definitely lets off some vapors but if you have a full hazmat suit you’re good lmao

It crystallizes into a gel at 200 c

1 Like

I currently do not have a roto as I am doing coconut oil extraction before I scale into ethanol.

I have purchased a fan, carbon scrubber and ducting. Will a pressure cooker filled with water on an electric cooktop on medium-hight heat with decarb solution in mason jars for 45 mins at 15 psi be an effective solution?

sounds pretty close!

you may have to tweak the time just a little based on your 3rd party test results.

Sounds like we are getting there. Couldnt have done it without the amazing people in this community!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t get my pressure cooker past 5psi. I think my electric stovetop has too low of output possibly. I am getting an oven hood welded to a stainless steel table and connecting a carbon scrubber/fan to it. Hopefully it will be enough to decarb on a hotplate in either a mason jar with lid loose, or open air in a 1-3000 ml beaker.

1 Like

Ive done it with a 23QT presto and a 1500w hot plate from sears

edit: also try a glove stretched over the top of the beaker while decarbing that is a good idea

Check the gaskets to make sure it is getting a good seal. Sounds like you have a leak.

My pressure cooker is really old, and the gaskets don’t quite fit without modification. Sometimes I have to open and close it a couple times to get a good seal. Even with a little bit of leakage I can still get 15psi on an electric stovetop with a 21q pressure cooker.

1 Like

Its brand new, though I do think a leak could be possible. But I checked the ring and other areas without finding it. I should mention I am using a portable electric cooktop and not a range.

I think my wattage is too low at only 1800w. Also I thought that for cbd decarb, temps of around 280 were ideal, while as the inside of the pressure cooker will only hit 250. You think a glove would be a good idea? Any issues with the vinyl or latex? Also Im not sure one would fit around my 3000 or 1000ml beaker,.

If there is a leak it should be very noticeable.

There isn’t really an ideal temp to decarb at as far as I know. If you want to decarb at a lower temp increase time.