How to clean these dirty diamonds?

Hey all,
just finished my first batch of diamonds, got 99g off 2800g of trim in 9 days. Im pretty happy with the results as some of the stones are pretty big. I put the sauce i strained off these diamonds back in the miner to crystalize some more. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to clean these diamonds up, I dont have the ability to do a pentane wash and the end goal is a diamond/sauce cart. Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

i would slowly melt and recrystallize in maybe some pentane. then when its done you can pull off the ML and purge it. Then you can just cold wash with pentane on your stones.

2 Likes

Time to recrystallize… dissolve in pentane 1:1, or a little less pentane that 1:1, transfer to a mason jar. Lid on tight for a week to nucleate (less if you use a quality seed crystal), then loosen the lid for the remainder of the process.

You have some stones in there but there is so much pigment and other impurities that it’d be tough to call this isolate. This reX will improve your potency substantially.

IMO you evaporated your solvent off too quickly for ideal crystallization. But this is coming from trim, so I’ll say it’s an awesome first attempt!

3 Likes

Looks like you don’t have too many options being suggested…I’m thinking maybe pentane might be the best/easiest? What’s your reason for not being able to use it?

2 Likes

state regulations

2 Likes

yeah i mean you say you dont have the ability to use pentane but its 33 bucks. n-Pentane ≥99% High Purity Grade | Lab Alley

why aren’t you able to go with pentane?

you can do the same with butane… it will just take forever to dissolve. Dissolve like 5:1 butane, let it evaporate until it’s about 1:1, then close the lid.

4 Likes

im in a licensed lab, state regs and higher ups.

1 Like

bruh those arent diamonds lmao

and if you can run hydrocarbons you can do pentane washes…

your bosses should look for someone who knows what they are doing lol

1 Like

@lawf blowing out someones candle won’t make yours burn brighter… just saying.

12 Likes

damn, is this what the community has turned into?

2 Likes

You don’t have to act like a know-it-all and be so negative, man. Kick back and smoke some bud.

@fireinfireout93 what state are you operating in? We can help you determine the actual state laws regarding solvent use, in order to convince the higher-ups if need be. I think pentane falls into a gray area in WA, where it’s not specifically stated whether it can or can’t be used, it states;

“(1) Processors are limited to the methods, equipment, solvents, gases, and mediums detailed in this section when creating cannabis extracts.
(2) Processors may use the hydrocarbons N-butane, isobutane, propane, or heptane. These solvents must be of at least 99 percent purity and a processor must use them in a professional grade closed loop extraction system designed to recover the solvents, work in an environment with proper ventilation, controlling all sources of ignition where a flammable atmosphere is or may be present.”

Though I suppose (1) is the limiting factor in this example, and could be argued that any solvents other than heptane, butane, propane, and isobutane cannot be used whatsoever.

Analytical labs do test for pentane and will usually have a limit of 5000ppm since it’s a Class 3 solvent (butane is Class 2 for example, the lower the number the more toxic). You may be able to use pentane for post-processing and render it ND in your COA. Though, if you’d like to play it safe you can still use butane for the same purpose as stated above.

I’m not a lawyer tho, all I know is there were definitely operators in WA using pentane with no wrist slapping involved. And I’m just using WA as an example since that’s the last state I operated in, not sure where you are.

4 Likes

Yes - shitting on any help or new ideas

6 Likes

Except some states do not allow Pentane at all captain thinks he knows it all.

Bruh

8 Likes

have you considered spinning them?
YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

that would get you much of the way…without added solvent.

you might also try putting some a canning jar of warm water and shaking the shit out of it, the hte should float. the crystals should sink. decanting may be tricky but the goal is not to redeposit the HTE on the THCA during pour.

the hotter you go, the better it will work, but at some point you reach melt and then decarb. neither of which you want. I’d start in the 45C range. the smaller stuff will be more prone to melting. but you shouldn’t see that till about 65C.

8 Likes

So where are you on this now?!?

1 Like

i melted them down into a batch of crude lol

If you have a small diamond miner, place the dirty concentrate in it and inject butane. Place in a vac oven at 110f or if it’s jacketed go that route at 110f to dissolve all concentrate back into solution.

Place the diamond miner in a freezer or set jacket to -20 overnight.

The thc-a will crash out, leaving the crap in the butane.

Pour out the butane into a dish or recovery pot.

Re dissolve the thc-a in the miner once again, freeze precip again, pour.

After a cycle or 2 you will.end up with pure ish white powder, which you can re crash how you choose whether it be a jar, miner, dish, or keep as isolate.

2 Likes