How to break down distillate easier and minimize waste?

3 minutes can heat up 1 liter and 2 frozen corndogs if youre short on time

10 Likes

If your bottle doesnt fit in the microwave, u can turn the microwave sideways but make sure to do small quick 20 seconds burst.
Since the rotating plate is unusable you need to rotate between heating sessions.
Id also take that plastic gl cap off, those will melt in the microwave.
As for getting everything out of the bottle,
just smash it and throw it into a micron bag and rosin press it

5 Likes

gal of water for scale.

4 Likes

If you are making carts with it you can use the terps that you will use in the carts as a solvent to help clean out your jars.

Luckily I have a big 2.2 cubic foot Panasonic microwave that I can fit 1 L media bottles in NP with the tops on. Main reason I got such a big microwave was so I could fit my 3 liter Boro beakers which hold my tapioca syrup for my gummies. Screw having to heat that shit up in its own pot, I microwave it for 8 minutes and it’s boiling hot pretty much and ready to add to the rest of my recipe

Could also start a tincture line up :joy: just start using MCT oil to dissolve it all and then bottle that shit

1 Like

That’s quite the expensive solvent to use, and a much harder recovery process than just using ethanol I’d think

If you’re going to use it in your carts you do not have to reclaim it, you just mix it with the rest of your distillate.

Still have transfer loss on the terps which will likely be more expensive than tossing the disty.

4 Likes

Once the residue is diluted and thin enough the light application of heat and turning it upside down will get most everything out and if need be you can use a PTFE spatula or even a plastic one. Either way once it gets “thin” enough and warm the amount of residue that will stay sticking to the inside of the container once you hold it upside down for a short while is going to be negligible if you do not want to take the time to use a spatula.

Upside down on parchment and add heat, ive done more than my body weight in liters and it works great. I would lose about 2-5 grams and half could be scraped from the rim if you really wanted too

Inside a regular oven 220-250f upside down over one of these

1 Like

Liquid sticks to surfaces (aka wetting). Terpenes also evaporate.

So while you’re swishing those precious terps around, they stick to every surface and not all drains to the bottom. You’ll have to spatula the sides, but that friction causes heat and evaporation!

You put the cap on the jar tightly shake it for a while until everything inside is not so viscous then pour it out if you are worried about about the 0.001s thickness of weted surface film that is going to be left on the inside of the jar after you drain it upside down for a short while then use a spatula and if you think the friction that the spatula will cause against the glass is going to create enough heat to have any kind of detrimental effect then I thank you being disgenuine.

1 Like

Oh no. Not detrimental to the terps. Just enough to shift from liquid to vapor state.

Any terp solution thin enough to ‘swish around’ is going to leave a lot of terps wetted to the glass.

Me? I’d just turn it upside down in an oven at 90C and let it drip into another container. Walk away and it’s gone in less than 30 minutes.

2 Likes

I employee the"upside down in the oven" method.

6 Likes

https://www.katom.com/139-1000UPP120.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aacBhCUARIsAI55maGZST6PUE951sQi3kHDEjXiJB-7JkdVj5cHw_LupN7XDe6MA65zeogaAgOaEALw_wcB

I have grown diamonds in these (not smart especially with like 400 jars full of some amount of butane)

But now I like to use them for transferring crude or distillate. You can put big ass pots in these

Is there any problem with microwaving crude to warm it? The extra waxes may wear the unit down fast but I assume.

I dont think so, I’ve never tried it though

Nah, ChatGTP :shushing_face:

1 Like