How to achieve consistency like Jungle sticks?

Inert gas as in something like nitrogen my friend to help pressurize but not go into the product.

5 Likes

ok sorry i dont get it. i am german :slight_smile:

they dont do sth with gas. they press and then they put it to heat for decarbing, but how long and how do they avoid that the thc a crashes out on the heat mat so they can put it in a vape?

1 Like

They heat for decarbing… or they pressurize to lower the amount of heat needed, and rotate the evaporate out by passing new inert gas (aka Nitrogen) into the pressurized decarb vessel.

There are a dozen discussions on how to keep THCa from crashing out - but you know, its it decarbed then its not THCa anymore. And the amount left behind is half art and half science - because then you have:

some undecarbed THCa + decarbed THC + terps – and depending on quality and ratios it will play nicely in a cart, be smooth on the uptake and not crystal up. Part of this is also making sure the cart is the right style for viscous oil.

I’m sure others can elaborate - but using Google and the search bar would also help.

Good luck.

1 Like

hey thank you. i search the whole time but i cant find anything about it or nothing that makes it clear for me.

also everybody explains how you do mechanical seperation. but i cant find sth how you go further when you got your terps and the white thca chalk. they melt it, okay but then it gets a diamond. but to get the thca in the cart you have to melt it longer so it decarbs?! does it stay liquid then when decarbed?

1 Like

I don’t believe decarb works this way. Pressure isn’t related to the heat required to create the action of decarb…vapor pressure isnt really a thing here.

4 Likes

we explain the separation, because that’s really all there is to it.

decarb is easy.

if you’ve used a centrifuge to get clean separation (YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude) then heating up the THCA fraction will first cause it to melt, then cause it to decarboxylate.

At the very least they let CO2 escape…

the folks you’re trying to emulate may or may not use an inert gas to reduce oxidation while they are heating. but it a solid method for reducing degradation.

if you DON’T physically separate first, you can also

where again and inert gas will help avoiding degradation/oxidation of your terpenes and cannabinoids.

2 Likes

thank you guys for responses but i think we dont talk about the same :grinning: i just want to do solventless and nothing with a gas or whatever. not even for pressure even i dont get it what that should mean. i just want to use water, ice, heat and pressure from my terps or rosin press to achieve my wished result :slight_smile:

for me there are two ways… repress my rosin for fractional or mechinal seperation but thrn i dont know how to recombine that it stays liquid and nice for carts… because when i melt my thca chalk its a „clear“ diamond / hard thca pieces.

OR:

i put the rosin in a jar… and then they decarb it somehow in the oven like the jungle boys snd get a sappy consistency. in that insta post i posted a link he is saying in the comments „3 weeks is nothing on the heat mat“…. but i always thought if i put my jar with rosin on a heat mat with low heat for 2 weeks or more that i will get s saucy or jam consistency because the thc A crashes out ?!

sorry for my understanding and english. i am very thankful for your comments and help!

Oxygen is a gas too fam

9 Likes

They crash on a heat mat, use mechanical separation to remove the crystals from the terps, then decarb the crystals and recombine with the terps. If you’re mechanically separated THCa fraction is staying a diamond then you havent heated it enough to decarb. Trust me, heat mat jar tech is not all that goes into a jungle boys cart.

2 Likes

are we sure? I’m 100% under the impression that if you lower the pressure you lower the boiling point and if you increase the pressure you increase the boiling point - so for things like terps which have lower boiling points…increasing the pressure would keep them around for longer - while still allowing things to decarb?

Like isn’t this why water boils at a lower temperature in the mountains than on the coast?

Do forgive me - I’m not trying to confuse the gentleman from Germany.

I certainly know that maintaining constant pressure on my decarb vessel and/or oven is important - if I don’t things get really…messy? Perhaps I misunderstand why this is important…

3 Likes

Vacuum/pressure has little to no effect on decarb from my understanding, it is a time/temperature variance. The ideal part about adding pressure and inert gas to a decarb vessel is for the sake of raising the boiling point of the terpenes, thereby getting better retention and less oxidation.

7 Likes

You have a correct understanding of boiling point as it refers to pressure however decarboxylation is not a reaction based on boiling. Imagine boiling pasta in water under vacuum. The water would boil but because no heat is added the noodles wouldn’t cook. Decarb is temperature related and is unaffected by pressure.

7 Likes

<3 Thank you for breaking down this very important thing. This whole time I thought it was boil temp for everything! But it being just the terps and decarb doesn’t matter makes so much more sense. <3 <3 <3

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s trying to relate pressure/vacuum to decarb rates but rather trying to raise the boiling point of terpenes in order to keep them in solution.
Here’s my post in Tricks of the Trade thread…

3 Likes

so if you make the thc a chalk liquid with like 200 f and you do it long enough it will stay liquid because its decarbed? :slight_smile:

Yes by decarbing the THCa into THC you wpuld essentially have the equivalent of distillate, might not be super low viscosity but wont be crystalline. After adding back terps it should be proper viscosity for carts.

4 Likes

Lowering pressure (vacuum) absolutely lowers the boiling points of everything involved.

It does not change the energy (kinetic == heat) required to discombobulate (decarboxylate) acidic cannabinoids.

Edit: …late to the party again…

9 Likes

Mechanically seperate off the terps on the rosin press. Decarb the cannabinoid fraction. Reintroduce the terp fraction you seperated earlier. Boom extremely tasty rosin carts

1 Like

My guy, you are desperately misunderstanding them.

I recommend you read the posts here more clearly. It’s incredibly likely they centrifuge to separate the terpenes and cannabinoids, and decarb them separately, again, with an inert gas. (read: NITROGEN TO PREVENT OXIDATION)

It’s possible they decarb in a pressurized vessel to avoid evaporation and loss of terpenes, but I’d venture that’d make for some damaged and less flavorful terpene compounds.

I don’t know how to recombine that it stays liquid and nice for carts… because when i melt my thca chalk its a „clear“ diamond / hard thca pieces.

Decarboxylation. Read up on it. THCA is a crystal, while THC is a viscous oil.

2 Likes

There you go

5 Likes