How much distillate per pound of trim?

1.5# MY trim nets me almost 100g of purged/decarbd/crude for the spd. I can pull 75ml 1st pass 93% tcc disty.

3 Likes

Also, I donā€™t think I mentioned this but my alternative is to open a hemp lab to mass produce T-free and minor cannabinoids, you think thatā€™s more viable because Iā€™m very skeptical about the hemp game in general lately.

Is there any way to utilize converted cbdā€”> THC in my metric Tracked THC products? Because weā€™d love to start slinging D9 kilos sub 4K if we could do that.

1 Like

@Slabby is right, about 40lbs of material makes about 1L

3 Likes

If your alternate is to run a huge t-free lab, but youā€™re still asking questions about small scale difficulties youā€™re in for a huge (hopefully not overwhelming) project.

My recommendation is to shoot for mid-level at a developed processor in Ca and see what happens from there

1 Like

Hi thanks again for more input. My experience is actually with T-free so Iā€™m much more well versed in that realm.

However Iā€™m trying to enhance my understanding on the differences between hemp post processing and THC post processing.

Would you mind elaborating on your recommendation as Iā€™m a bit confused by your wording.

What do you mean when you say ā€œat a developed processor in Caā€?

That is the good thing about the laboratory weā€™re looking to purchase, itā€™s large scale capacity for the price of a moderate scale lab. Ideally we want to start small/moderate and work our way up.

1 Like

My advice would be to hire a consultant and get a professional opinion

1 Like

We are a very small scale operation and these numbers are for 30 pounds. Scaling up would he very easy for us just no money or space to do that.

How much?

What do you have

5L rocco head and boiling flask. Hk summit head. Alactal 2021i. Large cold trap. All full bore. Yellow jacket vac guage, mantle etc

No. You sadly cannot use cbd to thc in metrc. Iā€™m not saying no labs will make it. Thereā€™s just going to be a lot more failures than successes.

Cbd labs are also hurting. The lab space is fucked right now.

1 Like

We can sell to metrc in Michigan. Theyre drafting a new law that says we (hemp processors) cant process anymore we can only sell our hemp to metrc processors

1 Like

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean? You can sell cbd or THC to metric in Michigan?

Until last month we were allowed to sell (hot) oil to metrc clients (processors)

Now we can only sell flowers or biomass to these same processors.

When mi rolls out the new law to replace the pilot program they intend to strip us licensed hemp processors of our ability to process hemp. They are forcing us to sell our hemp to metrc processors. We will no longer be able to hold a ā€œhemp processor licenseā€ only a ā€œhemp grower licenseā€

2 Likes

The writing has been on the wall since before 1996 in case you didnt know. Big business will always be bigger than us individuals.

If you cant roll with the punches maybe its not for you.

If you are afraid of waking up one day and learning what you are licensed to do is illegal with no recourse then stop now.

Cut ur losses and get into broadcasting, that seems to be booming :wink:

This industry has been grass roots for a long time. And now its getting hotter (%) with big business. They want to take the ability to be profitable away from us as individuals. The big guys are showing their teeth if we dont amass and fight back we may as well quit now.

1 Like

What I was saying with the material we use, at 15% yeild of trim material it take 30 pounds of trim to get 2016 grams of crude oil which I turn into a little over 1kg of distillate. We have figured out that you need to hit 15% yeilds or more and then get 50% percent of end distillate to be any what successful

This depends on the quality of extraction. A 10% yield with a 75% return in distillate would equivalent.

Not to sure without doing the number break down but simple math the more you out in the great the end amount will be typically obviously if your not yielding high percentage of distillation your over yeild will he less but if I were to get 15%+ on yeild for crude oil and then get 50%+ end return of distillation in the end I should always end up with more distillation, once again these are the average numbers we have uses to calculate things. Everyoneā€™s numbers will vary but on average 50% yeild of distillation is typical from what Iā€™ve seen and personally performed.

It depends on the quality of extract. The more pure the initial extract the more distillate return you will get. :man_shrugging: 50% of 15 is the same as 75% as 10 in case youā€™re wondering.

Donā€™t let some of these guys get you down. CA is absolutely a tough market but the guys who fail tend to tell everyone itā€™s ā€œimpossible to succeedā€ one metric you are missing from your numbers (I made this mistake to) is your calculating your tax cost but not accounting for the fact that the customer pays you that tax back. So for instance if you are truly sourcing at 6.5/ppp @ 10% then you have $65/lb x 40lbs = 2600. Thatā€™s your raw materials cost. Add in processing costs and account for a liter price on average around 4200ish in the Ca market (remember thatā€™s 4200+tax not with tax) there is still margin to be had

1 Like