How do you guys insulate your closed loops?

I use the stuff with the adhesive on one side like @cyclopath mentioned.

5 Likes

Refletix is the home depot name for the material. I have a 5’x100’ roll I use to make grow rooms.

2 Likes

whats the cost on a 6" spool

What length are you looking for?

Vacuum jackets over the thermal transfer jacket work wonders

3 Likes

36 or 48

What do these run for?

1 Like

This is what I’m going with as for insulation on my tubing and material/condensing columns. You can use the paper jackets that ease the risk of molding or…

You don’t really need to use the metal jacketing unless your outside… we used this (actually a brand out of Italy) for all the pipe insulation in the refineries. I think the hammered sheets are dope asf and gives any system a great and clean look. Can’t wait to get to work… If nobody likes them, K-Flex does make a 2" thick (R value 11.9) version:

http://kflexusa.com/HomePages/MarketsHome.aspx?ID=36&productID=7&line=3

That is a good fix as well, and I would just wrap it with A/C foil tape.

4 Likes

Idk why it isn’t showing the right thread, I’m copying and pasting straight from the browser… but it’s the Ultra-Insulating Low-Temperature Polyisocyanurate Foam Pipe Insulation. and the metal jacketing that’s fit for it.

4 Likes

I’ve recently insulated my material columns and solvent lines with that K Flex insulation and all I have to say is wow. Night and day difference in temps. Going to look through the McMaster website for more options, thanks!

3 Likes

https://www.dyplastproducts.com/index.php?preview=1&option=com_dropfiles&format=&task=frontfile.download&catid=107&id=97&Itemid=1000000000000

Dyplast was another company we used while my time as a Planner while I was at MOTIVA. Foam composite the way to go.

3 Likes

I love this thread ty everyone

3 Likes

Another vote for K-flex, and if you can’t find what you’re after with adhesive backing the same brand (K-Flex) sells paint on adhesives like 320 and 620 that work just great to adhere their foam insulation products to stainless columns and vessels

6 Likes