How are people using the bucket centrifuges for diamond tek?

We have a couple fuges but they’re all the 50 ml size so it seems crazy to have to try to separate out kilos so I want to invest into a swinging bucket fuge. Im just not sure how to apply the filters to those. Any advice also on how to scale the process with our current centrifuges would be awesome.

are you guys tying the tubes together? or using mesh screens? I saw these https://www.gochemtek.com/new-products/5-pack-canning-jar-basket

1 Like

Read yourself some threads and use that search engine in the top right.

First spoons free,

7 Likes

This sounds up @TRIPPIE 's alley

I actually never graduated past the panda experiment lol. One day I’ll buy a sense fuge from @Waxplug1 or however u spell it. Then use those chemtek screens in some mason jars with a lot of attention to counter balancing

3 Likes

I’ll have 2 refurbished units for a discount available here in about a week if you’re interested in one. Also have the Beckmann sitting in storage since I got the Cense fuge

6 Likes

Haha that panda is exactly why I thought of you, might be time to restart the applied sciences department

Trust me I’ve been all over that thread. Doesn’t have my specific question answered as to what the best way to scale this up is if people have either tried checking out yields or times based on the bucket used. There are some filters out there that fit the whole thing, some people use mesh screens some just use the fritted tubes and tie 4 together. What’s the difference and the most efficient one?

Yeah with those, it seems really hard to calibrate the balance. I feel like the weights are going to be off most the time.

Which units? I’m looking for a refrigerated one that can do at least 35C

The Beckmann is refrigerated. The cense are just ventilated.

I added a step where I “sweat” my thca prior to the centrifuge step if there is too much d9 in it. This gets a lot of the sauce off that would otherwise thicken up on the basket and make it hard for the centrifuge to separate.

120f for 4 hrs does a pretty damn good job at cleaning em up

14 Likes

This helps a ton thanks one of the biggest issues is some of the wetter sugar with thicker HTE from cured runs sticks to it so we’ve tried shit like hot plates and even working a fuge while in the forced air oven.

3 Likes

Yes this step will basically leave em fuged. Spin em while the rocks are hot and they’lll clean up nice. It’s the current biggest basket on the ChemTek website that fits a 3x10 spool nicely. Make sure whatever you build will fit in your oven first.

I’ll have some 6” ones for big boy sweats available soon

4 Likes

Can the cense or beckman centrifuge handle mason jars? Sorry if I already sent a post, I don’t think it went through.

1 Like

Any fuge that has 500ml buckets or bigger will. The 500ml buckets can fit the regular mouth mason jars. The 750ml buckets can fit both wide and regular mouth jars

6 Likes

Many used centrifuges available :dizzy:

2 Likes

eBays got some killer deals sometimes too

4 Likes

Also University auctions. You can get on the email lists of ones close to you. If you know what you’re looking for, you can find good gear.

6 Likes

The spool is just to “sweat” your material, it’s not actually used in a centrifuge correct?

1 Like

Correct, only the mason jars is what we’re using in the centrifuges

1 Like

And the baskets your using to “sweat” the rocks in the oven I assume you empty that into the mason jar with a smaller basket rather than pulling out of the spool and inserting directly into the mason jar correct?