Hot ethanol crude tek

Have you tried that in reverse? Maybe you could be getting carbon in your stuff.

… I’m not a heavy processor just personal use and never used a cup or fuge extraction or a lenticular filter system but I know people typically use D. E. as the end media in both BHO crc and etoh color remediation

1 Like

It’s definitely carbon

?!? carbon is not water soluble either…

Really? Small particles won’t break down into the water? I feel like hot water would do something there.

If it’s not carbon what could it be?

2 Likes

nope. it might float, but it’s not going into solution in water, ethanol, or any of the other solvents we commonly use.

It is odorless, tasteless and is insoluble in water and organic solvents.

Activated carbon | 64365-11-3

1 Like

Thank you sir!

small particles, held together with sugars, might well disperse. in fact I’d bet money that what both @SDCanna and @Danny321 are seeing is in fact “burnt sugars”. the black is carbon, but it’s not macroscopic chunks as would be seen if it was coming from the carbon filters, and when the sugars that are binding it together solubilize in water, it disperses at a size range we can’t actually detect with the naked eye.

2 Likes

With a room temp extraction there’s a good chance it’s sugars. My freezer broke and we did a couple warm washes. The brown shit that started to appear stuck to the inside of the rotovap globe was only water soluble.

3 Likes

Maybe try doing your room temp ethanol, recover then hot winterize with methanol over alumina and a splash of water. Maybe fit some ac and t5 between you alumina and celite. Recover, go heptane, citric for degum then ph brine…

1 Like

Big shout out to me bretherin. Hard to do Teks here like these people I’ve found unless you got the space and privacy. Neighbors wouldn’t like to watch me use a closed loop :smiley:

… Could build a shed and have a rooftop exhaust.:thinking:

Need land groovs :frowning:

Awww :expressionless: that sucks…

You should see what land goes for here. C grade suburbs for a mil come on :confused: