Homemade fertilizers, fermented plant extracts

You gotta start with the money part then you know she’s at least listening for a min before saying before no or killing you

2 Likes

Hey hey, check this lacto ferment batch, I posted it in a different ferment stream, but this seams more relevant. Prickly pears, whole organic bananas, comfrey, stinging nettle, and powdered coconut cream, homemade lacto, water. Almost 14 gallons worth.

2 Likes

That looks good enough to eat! (OK, maybe not the nettles).

I want to do a neem seed (slow release N, azidiractin), beet root (High P, sugars and humic-like substances), horse tail (silica) and knotweed (cytokinins, SAR against powdery mildew) ferment for the biostimulants and NPK.

1 Like

I still have prickly pear in my fingers so maybe not eat that but it smells like a smoothy and that color is slightly more vibrant than beets, I should have added horsetail! Damn, there’s so much by the creek. My brilliant friend Kaitlyn turned me on to ferments, she grows with ferments and KNF tek exclusively and her boyfriend doesn’t, everything else is the same IPM wise and the same strains. Her outdoor looks like indoor, his looks like outdoor. I attribute this to the level of care AND the fresh plant food. Nothing wants to eat factory precessed food instead of momma’s home cooking. I got to get her on this website, she’d be a wellspring of knowledge. MoM material for sure

2 Likes

I handle fungus with local soil microbes, super easy, just keep a patch of the forest floor moist and put that dirt in the tea bag. Can you say streptomyces?

2 Likes