High THC-A shatter slab muffin not falling

I’d like to see how it looks now too

1 Like

Definitely do not “hit that with a heat gun” please!!

That’s asking for it.
Just trying help you stay alive my friend.

115f is too high.
You honestly might want to just through it on a hot plate an whip it to crumble at this point. Shatter is a finicky consistency. Sometimes you’ve gone past the point of “shatter-return”. Which I believe this has.

At this point there’s NO chance that blowing up at all. If that’s what your getting at about the heat gun. This isn’t while running the extractor or reducing tane. Definitely no heat gun during extraction or while it’s reducing still

But on a sheet shatter thats fine
…don’t decarb it worse thing can happen

7 Likes

Why are you not pulling vacuum? Don’t pull full vacuum… just pull enough to get some to pop, let it sit, then pull more. :man_facepalming: y’all be afraid of ovens

2 Likes

Bingo

1 Like

This is how it ended up finishing. Super brittle shatter.

5 Likes

Tried that it still didn’t move at all. Definitely not new at this and half of the slabs we crc are having this issue now. Pulling too many terps out maybe.

This was after heating it up with the heat gun quick.

What media are you using?

You pulled it to quick on vac and it was unable to at first sink. If it were mine I would put in a jar and use heat mat tech and whip until you see terp separation. Squashing it with a tool will allow the oil to release. Takes some serious effort. Its that or you set your oven to about 135° and flash it until it falls. Been my method.

2 Likes

Sounds like you just had really stable product. Ive had slabs before that I had turn the oven up to 115-120 before they’d fall… those same slabs came out of the oven and would be hard as soon as they came out of the heat.

4 Likes

Just running through B80 with a little XG-12 at the bottom of the column.

1 Like

I just ran b80 for the first time and mine did the same thing, looks fire just got stable very quickly before all the bubbles could escape at my normal temps.

1 Like

Yep super brittle shatter is what I figured you’d end up with. I’ve had that happen before but only with super old material.

1 Like

i ended up with that

4 Likes

What’s xg 12 ? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

just expensive dematiaceous earth that’s supposed to be really clean.

Sounds like it did the trick for stability

We’re you trying for shatter and ended with the crumble?

That looks fire af. I know you were going for shatter but this looks amazing in my opinion. And always good to have some variety.