High CBN Conversion Methods

@munkdooligan
Is it 270 degrees? I want “poor conversion”. Want to do it to my crude for full spectrum tincture. Can you advise?

I did it at 200F for close to 3 weeks to convert about 2% THC to about 1.5% CBN.

1 Like

I heard that other cannabinoids concert as well. Should I try higher heat?

@munkdooligan
CBN Conversion @ 260 to 280

I ran across this article…

Search bar is your friend ton s of info
O2 and UV at 242.2nm gets you well on your way

3 Likes

So with UVB and heat only 80% conversion but, iodine high conversion?

https://books.google.com/books?id=YNL7NZodOvoC&pg=PA204&lpg=PA204&dq=O2+and+UV+at+242.2nm&source=bl&ots=5YZLi-P987&sig=ACfU3U1U8MlV7Tcir-tFHBmF4hZ7y9GaZQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiFzKX3s8HnAhUDKH0KHZu-C-YQ6AEwAXoECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q=O2%20and%20UV%20at%20242.2nm&f=false

2 Likes

Aren’t them boys using some sort of organic catalyst to help the UV work better too?

Yes some are using platinum
But I haven t tried

3 Likes

Where could I find more info lol

1 Like

Does this sound right:

pH = potential of hydrogen. CBD=THC + 1Hydrogen = CBN + 2 hydrogen

My friend says it’s as easy as boiling .05% hydrochloric acid water with CBD DISTILLATE FOR 2 HOURS. Then neutralize the acid. If this is true- what would you use to neutralize it?

He’s wrong

2 Likes

Sounds like a little bit of ∆8/∆9-THC’s

pH does not stand for potential hydrogen, common misconception among non-chemists. pH means the function log(H), p being an old shorthand for log() in some old math notations. I am not sure the exact origin of using p for logarithm. I believe it may have originated in a foreign language.

9 Likes

@MagisterChemist
Thanks for Clarity

What kind a f conversion would a get with low heat and UV alone?

30 % in 21 days ad O2

With O2, heat, and UV you get a 30% conversion and it takes 30 days?

*21 days sorry. What temperature and does a stir plate speed anything up?