High CBN Conversion Methods

None of that is occurring at GoodLifeGang.tech and at meetups all we do is positively sesh

1 Like

https://future4200.com/c/GoodLifeGang/35

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind taking you up on that

1 Like

I’ve fixed my hard knock spelling mistake.

I’ve also made it painfully clear that the CBN procedures, all 3 different ones, are experimental. Both in the SOP list before purchasing a membership as well as in the backend.

Thanks for pointing this out, and please check your DM so that I can get you a refund @life_in_flow

6 Likes

Gang,

@Future has worked to make it right with me, and I appreciate his efforts and communication. It would have been more professional of me to take it up with him first in the DMs.

The goal of my original post was to warn against jumping into the GLG CBN tech hoping for immediate success. It’s not dead wrong, it’s just more of an jumping off point.

I love and respect the gang. My post came off harsher than I’d have liked, and I apologize for that.

For those who are fascinated with the creation of CBN, don’t give up. I’m sure the solution is out there. :v: :facepunch:

7 Likes

I tried this reaction. I got a TAC of 99.7% from a third party lab, which was cool, but it was 91% d8. 4% d9. 1% CBN. 2-3% CBC (though this is likely just d10).

I used nitrogen and dried solvents, but other than that, I followed this procedure exactly.

What am I doing wrong? Should I not use inert atmosphere?

1 Like

If you pressurized and achieved 110oC or around toluene reflux could you do the procedure in ethanol or some ‘nicer’ solvent?

For the crystallization of CBN what do you use? Pentane has worked well but if there is a better dual solvent like Pentane/ethanol you can suggest?

Also for the d10 catalyst I know that a fire retardant was the first catalyst. Its definitely moved from there but I haven’t looked into it further.

Btw if anyone wants help operating a flash chromatography column I can help. There are a couple tricks that might save you some time. A big one is how to tell when you solvent mix is off after 10 runs.

It doesn’t work, as someone else mentioned that stoichiometry doesn’t add up. If you want to make CBN your starting material should be thc not random cannabinoids. If you want to do the iodine method there’s a whole paper on it and it’s not the way he describes it.

4 Likes

You offered earlier many times to give up SOPs to anyone who asks for them.
Is there one for d10 ?

Feel free to reach out over DM for D10 SOP help

2 Likes

lol scratch this meant to dm

psst… i think he meant 1.62 kg of iodine :wink:
@Simo

For what its worth, if anyone is still confronting this synthesis, I have a scalable high-yielding procedure for CBN synthesis and isolation. Slide me a DM, whomever.

11 Likes

what up

Hi eyeworm,

I would like to try to do the CBN. Would you be kind to share the procedure please?

Many thanks!

Nothing for free my friend, we consult and license process technology. If you’re interested in buying the SOP and training, slide me a DM.

How much?

The SOP is $15k and then there are hours of planning and training in addition to that. There are also various equipment requirements (like a fume hood, reactors, material handling, etc).

1 Like

Just add some oxone and non polar solution to reflux. Works for d9 to cbn conversion in minutes

7 Likes

that’s wild. What kind of conversions? Have you tried directly from CBD?