Help with recovery

I have one of these, was thinking of using a 2l short path with two heads on the boiling flask with the trs21 connected directly to the 3 bell cow crow line, skipping the cold trap an connecting the outlet of the trs21 Into an inlet in the 2l boiling flask. In theory it should word, I think has anyone attempted this to active a “passive” like short path distillation run?

Would be something like

Boiling flask with 2 heads- short path head with condenser-running at room temp cow bell with 3 receivers -trs pulling a vac through the inlet- out let pushing pressure/vapor/isopropyl back to 2l flask

Could running the system like this eliminate the need for the cold trap running dry ice? Or would it be a problem with the pressure an glassware

I highly highly doubt a trs21 ( which is not made for what your doing in any way shape or form) would even be able to remotely get close to deep enough of a vacuum to do anything other than cause a mess or a dangerous situation. You could get a pump meant for a spd cheaper than a trs21 they just g dont last long. Pumps for and spd aren’t something you skimp on.

2 Likes