Help with making cartridges

Whats up guys I’m new to this forum just looking for some help and answers. I recently made my first 1k carts and did the whole process heating the distillate with a Pyrex in a pan on the stove top and than filled cartridges using plastic syringes W/ a blunt tip needle… it fucking sucked and i messed up about 200 out of 1000…

WELL, now I’m ready to try it do it again but the right way lol. I really would just like all the input and help I can get to help me get the best results. I was planning on buying a hot plate and a magnetic stirrer to get the perfect temp also buying a cartridge filling gun instead of spending hours filling with syringes lol. I was thinking of the fifty shot syringe gun has anyone used/ does it work good?

Also when mixing terpenes what is the best amount to mix at a time ? I plan on using 10% terpene but is there a limit to how much distillate I should do at a time ?

Thanks in advance !

You could try an electric heating pad sticky backed and applied around your syringe, make sure you’re using a glass syringe too.

Search the forum as well, people have run into this and discussed it before.

Welcome to the forum. This is your first free spoon feeding. You should get familiar with the search function.

10 Likes

A hot plate mag stirrer and that blunt tip syringe and you’ll be so much better

I’m gnawing at the bit for @qma cart filler though

3 Likes

^ ^ ^
Mag stirrer or microwave, depending on if you need to do more than 500 that day

Use glass or stainless steel to handle terpenes… I’d offer my filling solution, but it sounds to me like you don’t have 2 weeks to a month to spare for the wait list

Most people here utilize CCell so 10% has become a future standard. If you are using hte to flavor, you will need more, like 15-20%. If you are using oil flavors/c8, then your flavor concentrates should be <5% or you may make an overwhelming pen. If you are using botanical terps, 5-10%, depending on hardware.

Yeah, your equipment is the limiter. With the setup you currently/will have, I cannot recommend more than 100ml per batch, you will darken your oil.

For all other questions, please direct your inquiries to the site’s 𝔽ℝ𝔼𝔼 𝓐𝓤𝓣𝓞𝓜𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓 𝓒𝓞𝓝𝓢𝓤𝓛𝓣𝓐𝓝𝓣

3 Likes

I was wondering why the oil will turn dark if he does more than 100 ml… is the reason it turns dark because it cools down after he mixes the terpenes with distillate then has to be reheated ?

That is correct, probaby will have to keep warm and constantly transfer for hours.