Help To Get Licensed

You’re in for a rude awakening for the cali market wanting to be a legal boss costs

3 Likes

Shit if you could drop some game for me in DMs or something that could be helpful bro

Give up now. Look for a boss to work for or leave to a state with a realistic barrier for entry … Like Oklahoma…

That’s your legal option. Unless you’re stacked and even then I would rather the lower barrier for entry.

I left work supplying those labs and am doing that very thing.

4 Likes

I see what you tryna say. But how am I going to put my whole business under someone else’s license?

By giving them a huge cut

2 Likes

shiiit. You think I should reach out to people that have licenses right now and try to hit them with a proposal type shit.

1 Like

Yep. Plenty take $ / equipment / property / skills.

Depends on the stage of business, the license you approach is in.

Ima reach out to you in DMs bro you sound like you knowledgeable about this.

I’m learning. Anything but knowledgeable.

1 Like

I’m betting one could get a lab up and running for around $350k if you did everything right and as much of it as you can.

A step by step of what you’ll need to do isn’t really possible to give. It will depend on your property, processes, and the overlords from your city who determine all the things you’ll need to complete.

I called EVERY city in CA and found out their ordinances on cannabis, that info is now available from cannabis reg services making it easier for you. Figure out which city is easiest to obtain the needed Conditional Use Permit CUP, and go from there :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hey so I actually won’t be needing a lab. I literally make all my edibles from home. I want to be able to make that LEGAL so when I am selling my edibles to others it’s not illegal and I won’t get fucked over. Someone suggested a type12 license to me.

So at the least you’d be doing infusion & packaging. You need a licensed A-Rated kitchen in California from what I remember.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/MCSB/Pages/OLDFAQs.aspx

Reread your own words. Legal cannabis, being produced and marketed to the public…from home…is not a thing my guy.

4 Likes

Pops,

For starters i doubt your home is zoned appropriately for cannabis ag, manufacturing, and/or retail. If it is, great. But unlikely.

If you really want to do all that, move out of cali.

$350k is a good number to use for cali. Others are less expensive.

Figure out what you really want to do, i.e. grow, run a lab, run retail. Focusing on your core competencies should reduce the licensing requirements, give you flexibility with site selection, and reduce your startup costs.

3 Likes

Yeah, all the oil I make in my wood shed is in metric

8 Likes

I had 3 cultivation permits in CA. Probably spent 50k on just getting the paperwork right and fees for each. Then renting your space, setup/buildout, opex, it costs a fortune then when you get licsened you will be subject to very high tax rates and huge ongoing compliance costs. It is a huge gamble. It can be done for 350k maybe less however that is just to get up and running. You will most likely not be profitable for several years. Starting ANY other business is advisable. Or go to another jurisdiction as others suggested. If you can afford to lose that amount of money and want to dedicate a huge amount of time and effort for small or no return by all means go for it.

2 Likes

Appreciate the response.

Hey Pop,

I’ve built and done licensing for microbusinesses/type 12 and edible manufacturers.

I’m no longer doing this kind of consulting. But, I am happy to do a quick phone convo to help you figure out whats feasible for you or if you even really want to do this.

If you want, dm me your number and I’ll call you when I got a few minutes to kill.

5 Likes

You gotta start back at square 1 my guy. The drive and interest is a good start but you far from ready to come at anyone with a proposal. Don’t get ahead of yourself so you don’t get took is my only advice. Gun take alot more than 1 thread to iron it all out. Good luck tho.

1 Like

Will do thank you!

1 Like