Help me understand the relationship between pressure, thermodynamics and moving solvent in a CLS

Are you recovering simultaneously during injection to the collection? If not you’ll need to wait until everything comes in to the collection before you begin hearing the jacketed base.

1 Like

Like FicklePickle said, you should keep your system cold until everything has been transferred to the collection base and you’re ready to begin Butane recovery. It sounds like you heated things up too quickly and boiled your butane before you were fully transferred.

I’d say cool everything down again and you should see the pressures drop back down as the vapor recondenses. Then make sure you’ve got a complete transfer to the collection pot before beginning your butane recovery.

1 Like

Did what you recommended and bulled the collection base column to half vac so no butane was left then I repulled vac on the base and used my heater chiller to recondense the vapor to a liquid then pulled it again and it flood like it should I also assisted the back pressure with my nitrogen kit. But my current issue is I bought a forced air drying oven when I was still ignorant to how this all works and am wondering since it basically a big food dehydrator and I know plle use those too purge but can you help me with any advice on the steps to make a decent clean consistency I’m not picky on if I make shatter or crumble or whatever just am having trouble knowing when or if I should whip it and what temp and length of time its a quality oven from across international I just didn’t realize it want meant to pull a vac on

By base I mean my material column i have a rack mounted 5 lb active system with nitrogen assistant ports on each column the color remediation my dexaxing and material column are all hemispherical so I can add or vac any chamber if I lose pressure etc…