Help: I ran decarbed material

So I was gifted some material to run, I ran my standard SOP.

5:1 prop/but crc t41 50g/lb with 25% sillica , t41 on the bottom sillica on the top

nitro push.

120f recirculating water evape.

and a whip and oven @ 93, this SOP always gives me crumble.

This gifted material tho, only stays saucy, Does this mean the dry material was decarbed to start?

is there any post production i can do , to make crumble out of this saucy product?

2 Likes

It could mean a couple different things. Number one it could just mean that the material is super duper terpy, but on the other hand it could also mean that the material may have been treated with something like neem oil during growth and that could be carrying over with extraction…
There could be lots of reasons and rhymes for it. However if it’s terps by whipping it they’ll evaporate and it should cause the material to solidify more

I think you should try whipping it, and whipping it good…

Leave in vac oven 95 till it waxes? Itll stiffen to some degree. I have a forced air oven i use for stuff to stiffen .
I did recently have some stuff in vac oven at 95degree for 2months and it stiffened. Whipping it every few days?
But dont know if terpy from bud. Or many factors could cause. Older material i find peanut butters rather than crumble. Or how cold was extraction ?

I will try both of these techniques to see if we can improve consistency, In the case it’s neem there isn’t much I can do. Do you pull vac at 95f?

the extraction was room temp, but this has always produced crumble on fresh material.

My storage room gets pretty hot in the back so maybe storing for too warm for too long caused a decarb.

Yes last one indid full vac. The forced air works good unless rain and humid. My shop not climate controlles. But it will stiffen with time. I95 is safe temp. . i hate winterizing to pull fats.
How cold did u extract?
If a clean placr iv done dehumidifier in room on continuous so less than 30% humid with fans but has to be clean or u get junk in it. Try the long sit in vac. My forced air is a 1.9cuft cost around 15hun but it keeps it clean

In the case it’s neem you might be able to try acetonitrile as your solvent for dewaxing. I know from experience that methanol and acetone are not sufficient.

If you just drop some of this extract on a hot nail you’ll be able to smell if there’s neem. It’ll smell like rancid fish.

2 Likes

Would magnasol pm remove potential neem oil or u think lab test first or how would u identify if a pesticide issue?

I get either crumble or batter on runs . i assumed how cold extracted or age of material. Slabs only special order. Too much labor lol
And would a neem type oil ne identifiable in collection pot like a sheen or oil slick look?

Magsil will probably not remove it on its lonesome.

It’ll have no stability when purged. Products like greencleaner do the same thing, the oils persist on the plant material and since they’re oils they tend to get washed into the product by the solvent.

2 Likes

Gotcha. No visible cues while its floating in pot? Or have to lab test ?

No it’s going to be dissolved in your solvent along with your product.

Lab test would be a smart move.

Or overly strong aroma of garlic/spoiled garlic. I used to use neem on my orchids because it’s systemic and it’s one of the best natural pest preventers for orchids around. I always got a garlic smell off of that’s how I was always able to tell I haven’t smelled any extracts where they need to come through so I don’t even know what the cross contamination would even smell like.

1 Like

Smell is fucking awful when it’s been heat up.

1 Like

It’s july… it’s probably decarbed. I do have some techniques I used to pull a higher thca ratio. I’d suggest seeding heavily with thca to determine if you’r oil is too terpy or just plain old decarbed.

1 Like

Im not getting bad smells off my peanut butter batches ? Smell is stil good with whT iv delt with? If u have a bunch mayb lab test cheapest to figure out whats up. Prices so low and supplies so high ughh

Decarbed? Isn’t that a testable hypotheses?

What is the best use for extract if it’s decarbed?

Edibles.

How can you demonstrate that it’s decarbed?

EAT IT!!

If you know how much thc it takes to get you high, you can even make a guess at HOW decarbed it is…

See: Organoleptics: In House QC?

3 Likes

Edibles are great but best use may be carts if it came out fire and terpy

1 Like

@cyclopath is reaching his final form. He’s becoming the HPLC.

3 Likes