Hedge strategies for a potential price crash-riding out the storm

We need to open source how to do that. Fuck them

3 Likes

I wonder if this forum could crowd source a future4200 genetics lab :thinking:

making hemp appealing for actual usage, and not just a marketing fad

12 Likes

Having an indoor grow I believe will give you a big advantage in being able to move what you produce. Iā€™m already hearing the demand for indoor hemp flower grown properly in my circle.

Outdoor growers I believe will be having a harder time to move product. For outdoor growers if they can grow hemp to be used in other industries(food,construction etc.)and have cannabinoids be a by product it seems like that will be a more realistic business model.

1 Like

The power is within us.

4 Likes

the how IS open.

however, itā€™s the strain data that makes it workā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m in!
no funds at this juncture.

1 Like

How would you convert to d9? I know how to isomerize to d8

2 Likes

Any you are referring to specifically?

1 Like

Fast.

CBD first turns into D9 before it becomes D8 when using the right catalysts- if you can dial in your short path you can have it distilled before it fully converts- separating the two via chromatography will likely be a bit difficult but def possible.

1 Like

No, nothing specifically. I made another post somewhere comparing structurally analogous sugars as an example. Glucose is totally necessary for brain function, yet, fructose is generally terrible for us in high concentrations.

The same could potentially be true for cannabinoid isomers, Iā€™m inclined to think especially ones not found in the plant naturally, or ones normally found in tiny amounts.

5 Likes

How much does dude charge for the hemp terps?

Usually under $10 a ml by the oz and under $5 a ml when you buy a liter.

1 Like

@qma is definitely right Hemp terps will take over vapes if u have real bud smelling and tasting strains

1 Like

Great pricing whatā€™s his extraction method?

Rumor is steam sucksā€¦

:person_shrugging: Kinda funny the best ones here might be just that

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently going to school for this, might start a breeding program implementing these techniques.

1 Like

If you want I can send you text books, you gotta be able to understand the science to get it right.

2 Likes

I think his steam method might be different then how everyone else is doing it and might really be on to something.

I talk to him quite often and quite often about how he harvests the terpenes. I think he told me his ā€œmintā€ extractor was under $200. Itā€™s a large mint extractor. Itā€™s beem shown on this forum in the past. Rumor has it that it took over 500lbs of fresh hemp to make the liter of terpenes I bought.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the link anyone can download just need to sign up this website academia is tits for free literature https://www.academia.edu/31489906/Molecular_Biology_of_the_Gene_7th_ed_Watson_et.al

2 Likes

CBD to d9 is a tough reaction to runā€¦you will definitely need a chemist (inorganic or organic chemist) that has gone to grad school to run this for you. Iā€™ve seen anywhere from 50% to 72% conversion with the rest being d8 and I reacted CBD.

5 Likes