Have u guys seen a rise in lab explosions?

that would certainly warrant a “mayday!” and 230 firefighters…

Too soon for memes

1 Like

Another thing is a lot of these smoke shops sell butane quietly without questions.

Yeah, shit is getting hectic. That’s the main reason I’ve stayed clear from butane. After I saw a homie casually walking, smoking a cigarette and carrying a tank of tane in the other hand accidentally hit the side of a door with one of the valves and shit started spewing everywhere. I jumped on him, closed the valve and yelled at him for days. Then promptly decided to never use that shit again, cause some people in this industry are idiots…

7 Likes

Don’t know bro, I think it was a pressure explosion though since the scene doesn’t seem to look burned down.

1 Like

I had a customer reach out for tech support on one of our C1D1 Booths. His complaint was that the siren was too loud! It is potentially detrimental to his employees’ ears.

I asked why the alarm was sounding so regularly. He said, because I am an idiot who doesn’t understand things, because the butane level in the room is over the 25% LEL. So, he gets it. Kind of.

I suggested that the siren, as with most sirens, is meant to get the attention of people to a very, very dangerous situation. I strongly suggested that they upgrade their SOPs to something that didn’t trigger sirens.

I think this was viewed as inadequate customer service. I am wondering what a jury would think of a guy who asked to “turn down the sirens” in his C1D1 booth.

Safety isn’t driven by equipment. Safety is driven by practice.

37 Likes

Thank you. That is just a heartbreak waiting to happen.

When Florida throws shade on you, its bad. Real bad

10 Likes

God I would like to think that guy was just prank calling your support line. I can’t believe some of these people running systems under those circumstances. You can’t just fill a room with butane and expect to not blow up.

2 Likes

Right, it doesn’t look burnt to shit, just kinda blown up. Shitty and sad, I always am curious about the details on some of these set ups gone wrong.

Yeah that’s tripped out.

Yeah, we have three pods, dunno of they’re from you. But those sirens are 100% necessary.

4 Likes

LOL did they just sell that to anyone or did you have to prove to be owner of a licensed extraction facility?

I just shake my head!

2 Likes

I’ve had to rewire the alarms at places that cut the wires since they were going off so much. :person_facepalming:t3:

SOP’s for dealing with the released solvent from pour-offs or ran columns are very important and rarely addressed.

10 Likes

No you don’t have to be licensed, they don’t care about putting that shit back on the street, that’s more new busts they can make!

2 Likes

Do these booths have emergency air evacuation systems or just alarms that let them know the lel or ppm is to high?

Our facility is built with 2 sensors in each process room one for LEL and one for PPM, as soon as the reading is above the set limit on either sensor our regular hvac shuts down, then louvers shut those vents and open the emergency evac vents then fans pump out all of the contaminated air out through ducts located on the floor.

4 Likes

Wow thats crazy that just shows you how fucked the LE really is

That’s pretty slick. Most places just have a fuckton of cfm pulling from an air conditioned space.

2 Likes

why would you have to be licensed? A CLS or any other equipment for that matter isn’t illegal in itself

1 Like