Have u guys seen a rise in lab explosions?

Are you hypothesizing the rotary seal?

Is there a rotary seal?!?

1 Like

If this is a purge labs system, then no, its just a large jacketed kettle with a bunch of inlets and outlets for vapor and LPG.

And why they fail? not sure. It’s a higher volume of solvent that moves around on castors than other systems.

1 Like

The 12” cap on that caldron suggest other than ASME stamped.

8 Likes

In 2018-2020 they sold non-ASME versions of their systems. I’d like to reiterate that I do not know if that is the correct system or not, just a trend I’ve noticed if it is.

The ASME lid had a million lugs (no less) with double bolts.

3 Likes

The openings are always bigger than 6” on those big Chinese kettle reactors

Sketchy enough on some open source or extractor depot 12 “ collection but you put 100 gallon butane capacity and put some propane in it and that shit will leak from ambient temps

1 Like

Propane?

They’re nominally rated for 150psi, but I have repeatedly had a hard time getting 12” to hold more than 25psi.

Viable for miners, or vacuum filtration, but little else imo.

2 Likes

Too much players in the lab. They are just getting information from space :rage::rage:

This is what McGrane uses for holdings gallons of pentane and they put a a stir bar in it. Always sketched me out

That’s dump trailer full of weed spilling out …… crazy pics!!!

4 Likes

Wildest part is that this guy has burned down his property once before too. Same place same guy.

11 Likes

:exploding_head:

Holy hell!

Hope he gets how lucky he was this time and quits.

1 Like

He’ll have plenty of time to think about it while behind bars.

It’s Oregon. If he doesn’t have priors he will get probabation. If he does have priors he will probably still get probation.

If they throw the book at him it’s
Like 18 months and you only serve 70%

3 Likes

You’d think he learn something in that time frame. Third times the charm, hopefully he doesn’t blow up on third.

5 Likes

This one doesn’t seem to have been noted here at the time.

I learned yesterday that we lost @CuriousFurious to this one.

Be careful out there kids…

9 Likes

What a crazy story, just can’t help but worry for the one “burn victim” that took from the spot……

2 Likes

Not based on any hard evidence, but what if the Detroit industrial fire you’ll see on the news this week from last night has anything to do with BHO/PHO extraction lab and is in the same building as the novelty supply warehouse?

Shop itself hurled a potential gas can out and killed one person.

Behold, my only evidence: two reddit posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/1b73o0g/industrial_fire_and_multiple_explosions_shoot/

Select Distributors is mentioned. 19 year old was a quarter mile away and hit.

3 Likes

I see Spooky just added this information to his post.

Saw this on the morning network news this morning. A video about 1/2 way down in the article shows constant flow of fuel to the main fire with many small explosions. Probably little disposable cans of butane.

Kid died after being hit with a canister of combustible material 1/4 mile away from the fire. Way more to this story.

6 Likes

It was butane cans, and pallets of nitrous oxide cans.

It was a distributor for smoke shops in michigan.

also tons of vape batteries were there

3 Likes
1 Like