HASHFIGHT! Oklahoma City Crude Vs Carbon Chemistry & Media Bros

I’m her biggest fan boi :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:, don’t tell my girlfriend.

3 Likes

As long as you won’t tell my husband that I’m first in line.

4 Likes

Hahahahaha, deal. I liked your voice over on the Instagram video. The video edit was great, you know me, I’m just a hammer swinger, so that stuff is probably easier than it seems in my mind.

1 Like

Media Bros products do not fraction, so changing variables temp, pressure and column width would be a significant deviation from the manufacturer recommended SOP.

Since the point of this fight was to evaluate the claims made by each mfg we followed their specific SOP exactly, including temp, pressure, quantity of media etc.

The next step would be to change the column width and compare the standard media bros SOP to a modified one. It definitely wouldn’t be fair to try to run that media using a chromatography SOP since we already know the product would not create unique fractions.

3 Likes

I really don’t want any smoke. Like I said I have an appreciation for what your doing here and in the community. This just stuck out to me.

Given these limitations, it’s completely understandable to see why you did things the way you did.

Great work and hoping to see more in the near future. Analysis of these claims would be speculative more than anything, considering these limitations/differences (concerning the objective of the fight/experiment) found in both independent variables.

5 Likes

Yeah, the comparison between two completely different sop and media is always going to be more of a comparison demonstration and less an experiment. Personally, I think it’s great, tons of solid data and it’s fun af.

2 Likes

Let’s say we have tons of gravel to move. We have the option to purchase a semi and trailer, or a dump truck. Knowing nothing about either one, we run a test hauling a load of gravel in each one. Test results show that a dump truck works much better for our task than a semi and trailer. This is analogous to the Hashfight.

Now we run another test, changing variables one at a time on two identical dump trucks to see what works best. This is not the objective of the Hashfight. This would be the testing one would perform after using the above testing to determine the preferred method to research and develop further.

That’s my take on the competition. It may be apples to oranges, but if I’m hungry, I want more choices than just apples…

Thanks for sharing your work @murphymurri!

6 Likes

I saw “hashfight” and I thought this where you throw down your best wax and see who’s got the best shit! Guess not

1 Like

That’s a cannabis cup :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Haha in theory… Cannabis cups are almost as legit as the last presidential election!

4 Likes