Hash water waste

Could do low temp high vacuum distillation

1 Like

Youre so dumb let me help you read

I’m not going to continue to clutter this thread, dm me and post the results later you dope fiend.

This is one tech

This is another

Hmmmm ht comes from bho though :thinking: oh maybe he meant ppl get water clear bho terpenes by distilling HT layer with no heat and ALOT of cold trapping power

(Not sure how you’d get an HT layer out of water hash, especially when I thought we weren’t talking about terpenes!)

Go do some research noob like I said @drjackhughes does this, how do you think their getting bomb terpenes

Lol. Right on, ill go do some research.

Over a year and a half ago

I’ve never been taught how to do anything in this trade, im self taught since 2007… The cannabis industry is akin to the special Olympics as far as engineering goes…

7 Likes

Forget the terps plain alcohol is still worlds favorite drug :joy:

4 Likes

I’m dealing with that now 1😂

How about alcohol with canna terpes?!

3 Likes

If you buy denatured etho and make it straight you have a winner right there :grin:

4 Likes

Im actually going to set my gummy manufacturer up with a alcohol skid to extract the terpenes so they can take nug and make it into weed flavored gummys

You’ve never tried an eatable till you’ve tried eatables with canna terpenes

What you know about rosin gummys?

6 Likes

Hmmm
I must confess that terp distillation is possible to a far greater extend than I realized
You don t boil them you evaporate them at low vac out (diffusion)
@spdking showed the basics and high vacuum gets more out than I previously thought

6 Likes

You can remove terpenes/aromatic hydrocarbons from water with a freezer and a lot of patience. I’m sure there’s a better way to do it.

Thiols can be tested for but it’s $$$ and most of the samples will not even have quantifiable volumes in them. Occasionally they come up on a real fire sample assuming it was stored properly but the problem with thiol testing is our noses detect them at much lower ppb than the testing equipment does. I’m sure using other methods you could get a better look though

I don’t know of any naturally water soluble terpenes by definition but as with most things it’s not black and white and you can get some solubility. Enough that several gallons of water will smell dank. I don’t think it’s truly in solution. There could be water soluble compounds (that are not terpenes) that contribute to the aroma that we haven’t identified yet.

I’ve always wanted to setup a vac + condenser pulling straight out of the washer but it’d probably take an eternity to pull anything of value.

6 Likes

the dummies are all the rage right now, rosin gummies is something that would be a hit in most markets, but that’s just my opinion… I pressed some purple punch flower last year and decarbed. consistency was perfect as a topical, but you end up smelling like purple punch. Used it same day on my temples, and it worked, at the very least as a placebo. Was also great administered orally. I know flower rosin, purple punch, try it and you might be impressed. I didn’t want to use any of my good hash material, and I think It may have worked out better due to the consistency difference.

2 Likes

I’m with @tweedledew; I think chloroform isn’t as nasty as it’s chocked up to be and would be super easy to distill in this application. The density makes it pretty easy to handle and it purges quite easily. Obviously it would be nice to have a membrane system and not really have to deal with an extraction solvent at all.

You could probably wash a shitload of water with only a few hundred ml in a reactor and recover from there. Disclaimer: only do this with analytics to test for TCM down to an appropriate level, this is not a good garage (or motel) project

9 Likes

For simplicity’s sake I do think pentane would get you 60% of the way there.

The other 40% would need a more interesting solvent I believe :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I debated bringing this up as I knew it would sidetrack the discussion, but it was the perfect thread to ask. If anyone comes up with a solid SOP I’d be awesome if ya share.

1 Like

It would probably take a while but another viable route would be vacuum distilling the waste water and then including a giant column of mol sieve in the vapor path.

Then you wouldn’t have to deal with trying to extract from an unreasonable amount of dessicant powders.

1 Like

Anyone considered that there’s going to be nutrients and dirt and shit in the waste water?

3 Likes