Hand Trimming Speed

I think the 1-3 a day mark is average. But some are great trimmers (you hire them even when you can’t stand them because they do 3-5x the work of everyone else), most are average (about a pound a day) and some just suck no matter how many tips you give them…

I once had a trimmer that really needed the money, hated all the hippies, didn’t smoke, and had never trimmed before… He put his headphones on, didn’t say a word all day, and was doing double what even my superstar girls were doing. And it was great work.

Also, how good a grower you are makes a huge difference in how fast they trim.

I get to set up this bad boy next week, we will see how it does…

8 Likes

When I started 25 years ago, it was just me growing outdoors. I big leafed and hung all the plants. I have arthritis in my hands, so I couldn’t scissor dry trim to manicure. I put the grid base for an oxy-pot in the bottom of a 5-gallon bucket and shook the hell out of it. The flowers looked great and the trim made some great bubble hash and edibles.

Now, if I’m cash cropping, I buck then wet trim using a Centurion. They are over-built and are reliable being made from metal on metal parts. Twisters tend to break IME being made of plastic parts.

If I’ve got some fire or it’s for my wife and family to puff on, I pay someone $100-$200/lb to hand trim depending on skill and how good it looks.

3 Likes

Is this made by the same company @anon16547145 is with?

If so, I really hope there are some robotic arms…

1 Like

4 Likes

I trim maybe an lb a day. I’m slow as hell

8 Likes

I dont trim, so im slower than you

9 Likes

Lol! I shouldn’t trim. I’ll hire homies to come help, while I drink coffee and get stoned. Sometimes you’ve just gotta leave it to the pros

12 Likes

Leave it to the pro’s and avoid the jobs you hate, dont get me wrong i have way more than trimmed the weight of my truck several times over. So im good i got no intention of doing it any more. It all goes to a trimmer and comes back done, everyones happy

9 Likes

My time is precious, but I still have to make sure labor is being utilized properly. There’s value in being an owner operator.

10 Likes

Exactly

6 Likes

Ya, my time is the one thing i cant get back, and using these guys they are essentially working for them selves since its piece work and the job is done to satisfaction.

5 Likes

Time = money

Reason why I bought my t4. And I hate trimming!

5 Likes

Yeah but us bho guys want the trim!!! The fire trim. Lol

6 Likes

My t4 trim should be good, no?

4 Likes

Lots of chlorophyll and makes the terps no bueno.

It’s all about that unmolested sugar leaf trim.

The t4 is just very violent vs the trim bro’s.

That trim is unreal kiefy

7 Likes

Not only chlorophyll but ethylene off gassing & turning sugars to starch instead of converting. Hands down hang dry knock off cured after 10-14 days at 40-55% 65f

Edit if you can hit close to 37f, you’ll have the best chlorophyll draw out of your plant, watch how easy that shit cures to perfection on a 2 week cold cure. I rear elm do this, but if I were to be on legal market in a cultivation I want my name on product I would take my time with it, connoisseur boujee shit.

8 Likes

You know, over my years of being a trim boss in SomHum, I realized that Humbolt county really has a lock on curing/drying more than growing conditions. I grew up in the sierras and the north coast just has such great fall drying conditions on the fall that the product came out so much better.

4 Likes

Oh no doubt, nothing better than that cold breezy night cure out by the coast :smirk:

5 Likes

I have yet to have a trimmer come back for a second round. $20hr is a lot of money but not enough to get them back lol.

3 Likes

How did you set up your work space for optimal productivity?.. Music is a good one but everyone has different tastes, what else ya got?

1 Like