That or El Padrino

3 Likes

Cross the resulting strain with some cheese and you have padrino mac and cheese

1 Like

Oooooh. I got a cheese for that.

3 Likes

I second, el padrino

3 Likes

I got what i think is a fake mac and terps are? earthy? Its not loud, ots obv a coolie variant but is mac loud like crazy? my nose is kinda burnt on all the other terpos in the room. Im about 2 days from smoking my first tester but. maybe harvest this week? Im ranting again, i think I got a cookie but its not mac. 3 days and ill see if im impressed. Ill stop with off topic shit but im mildly annoyed and may have to kill em all if its random cookies that dont get me higher.

Bland and smells like pasta water

1 Like

i heard vanilla/ im getting earthy on terps. if it gets me higher than usaual i wont mind. Its also green and there are black plants in same garden

Depending on the pheno you have it should lean either Columbian gassy berry vanilla or chocolate, or alien being a little more on the lemony vanilla gassy side.

Real mac1 is loud.
Best outdoor ive ever seen besides my Gummy Punch :wink::wink:

2 Likes

mine likely came from s1 so its MAC ish well see. Im even delaying the first buds re hydrating it / semi curing it prior to first smoke. Up on deck to harvest asap is my canarado dosi driver= black and looks like a cookie and green mac and bruce banner which has a great strawberry odor.

Rehydrating it??
Thats where all ur terps went, u over dried the weed.
These dense nuggets need 10-12 days in 60F/60rh. Then in a tub for a week, flip the tub and burp once everyday. Then jar it up

3 Likes

I dunno if you meant me but i just got samples, the trichs arent right but ill still smoke it as a tester to see if its worth filling a garden with. Mine should be ready anyday now. I almost think my new co2 monitor and its BRIGHT green lights are keeping my plants from finishing. I can read by the light.

From my experience crossing with a few Mac males they all seemed to pass on these traits consistently:
Main thing is structure, all the Mac phenos I found in 3 packs all were beastly plants as far as holding themselves up and not needing to be staked or trellised. This trait seemed to pass on to the offspring often. The vast majority of phenos all grew some massive buds that are extremely dense. They had a high resistance to powdery mildew but not botrytus. So keep that in mind. I wouldn’t cross it to anything that gives you botrytus at all currently as there offspring could dense out large buds that could be problematic depending on your environment.
The thing I didn’t like about crossing with my mac males is they all passed on that lemony Jack smell pretty frequently in the offspring. It isn’t a bad smell but after running several Mac packs I felt like I couldn’t escape that smell and it dominated everything in my room. That being said your Mac male may not have that trait and there are only really two ways to find out. Either ethylene treat him to get him to make buds and show what traits he is holding or do the cross and test the offspring.

Tldr: I would cross the Mac to something with smaller buds and bad structure but a very strong nose. Avoid anything that you have had botrytus in in the past.

1 Like

Thankfully I haven’t had to deal with botrytus & I did keep any females or males that had the lemon jack profile. All mine were more so Columbian stank with some berry & a little vanilla to me. But the one I’m getting the male pollen from is a Columbian gassy berry pheno as well.

I’ve honestly never had Medellin but seems to be some hype to it, so figure may as welllll.

But I knock on wood won’t ever have to deal with molds in my grows. If I do everything gets burned :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

my mac female matches you description to a t. but others are saying it veges weak?

The mac1 is slow as fuck. Slowest veg plant I have. It seems caps cut it’s the outlier for a decent amount of traits the Mac offspring possess. Mac1 is a complete freak tho in so many ways. Gigantic buds, dense as fuck, frosty as they come and a great nose. Plus she doesn’t herm out or make seeds no matter what you do to her.

I’ve read a ton of your info from lurking the forums for 2 years @Dred_pirate much respect. But come to San Diego and I’ll treat you with some Mac buds that will change your mind. I love all the hate she gets because of the huge amount of people I have heard hate on the Mac1 terps not a single one has kept that opinion after opening up a sack. She smells just as good as she looks if you are into creamy sweet dankness.
Blows my mind when I see people whose opinion I respect like you and archive (who correct me if I’m wrong started the whole pasta water thing) say she is bland because when done right she is up there with the best of the best.

1 Like

He’s got the MacBae (macv2 7&8 x bay11) on the way & macv2bx

He’s one of few that have the pleasure to grow MacBae & he also got the pleasure to name her. :metal:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Might call it “McBarry Seal” or Baeech Queen? :snowman: :snowflake: :dash: :luggage: