Getting live resin into a vape cart

I would not sounds like a bomb…

I do this quite a bit. Live resin in to mason jar- sealed, onto hot plate @ 120C. Spin lightly every 10 minute to keep heat even. I know this sounds a little unorthodox (and unsafe) but that seal Will usually pop to relieve a little pressure as it needs to. I figure it’ll blow out at the seal well before any explosive pressure could develope. I usually reintroduce terps a small amount of terp. The carts usually end up crystallizing just a little bit but not enough to stop flow or waste much

I don’t put lid if I did I wouldnt put band then you be fine.

Usually about hr or better, but I’m impatient and usually go a lil over temp. It’s probably gonna matter on the amount and size of jar also

@cyclopath showed me a bad ass chart one time but I can’t find it for the life of me.

Can I take the jar of diamonds/sauce I have sitting here, put it in the oven @135-140f for several days until liquid, and no recrystallization will occur?

1 Like

Most likely, yes. Even at 88 over a handful of months of so it’ll decarb. I had a jar of doodoo diamonds that I was going to clean and it converted on me. It was doodoo anyway

2 Likes

I have a live resin run that didn’t have a long enough soak to properly dewax, is it possible to still make cartridges with this? Or do I need to dewax again.

Appreciate the reply. I’ll give it a shot and report back.

1 Like

The fats will definitely gunk it up and make the weird dark stuff leaching out of the ccell or wic

2 Likes

I tried the sealed ball jar method with some tasty badder (Cured Resin) we had made and some of the guys had mentioned they could smell a sour/decarb smell. We tried this experiment @ 135f for a 4 day period. We only took it that far to assure that the small amount of oil was fully converted to THC. Any ideas of how to keep this smell at bay when trying this technique? @Lemonade_dave @StoneD

1 Like

Smells? Huh never had to worry about those! Happens on a farm!

2 Likes

How would they be crystlasing if the thc is supposed to be activated after the jar and oven? Isn’t thc a thick oil?

1 Like

What does putting it in the jar and heating it do? How does that made it stay a liquid? What will happen if the extract is not properly dewaxed or if it isn’t even live resin just a normal bho extract? Would it still work? I know I’m asking a lot but please please try your best to get back to me on these!!

How did this work? Did it burn good all the way down? Would you reccomend this method over the ball jar tech? Could I still add some terps if I want?

1 Like

I’m not sure what mean about ball jar Tek for vapes

But was great and is the only way I run now, just cold CRC, decarbed, add Canna or hemp terps ,load enjoy

5 Likes

For intial Purge after pour: Overnight at -15inHg @ 100F for removal of majority of Solvent then to Capped Mason Jar for 4 days or so at 135-140F? Looking to Give this a go. Currently Decarbing without caps and activting d9 sufficiently but at 4-5% overall terpene content… Capping would definitely up the Terpene content…

I wouldn’t vac until after

2 Likes

Asking for science.

Is there a particular reason, other than maybe production costs, of going from:
bio > crude > winterization/decarb > distillation step of choice.
Compared to bio > diamonds > wash diamonds > decarb?

Seems like the paths end up the same bio > thca > decarbed THC. Seems like there is extra steps along the way for the traditional method.

1 Like

they are pulling distillate from old material

1 Like

Time. Diamond growth takes times, your bio->crude->winterize->distill could be done in a day (with the exception of purging time), especially if the winterization is done during your extraction through an in-line dewaxing column.

Also diamonds have their own high market value. Distillation is often about re-mediating old/mediocre product to make it viable for sale. Breaking down diamonds for distillate sounds like breaking apart a supercar to build a Honda

5 Likes

Talk to me more about this thorough dewax… I have a bunch of live resin I’m looking to get into carts but after trying your methods it is harsh. I think this is due to the live not having been dewaxed. I dissolved 3gs into ethanol, froze it, and ran it through a coffee filters and was left with a large amount of wax and lipids I’m assuming. I’m pretty new to all this so any help you can provide is really appreciate. Am I destroying/losing the terps and the “live” qualities of the resin by dewaxing?