General led discussion

This looks amazing. Would you help school me a little as to how your achieving this. I’m about to start buying new lights to replace my old HPS’s and I don’t know which direction I should go with brands and stuff. I would be so great full to get results anywhere close to what you’re doing here

I believe he was referring to hlg quantum boards.

Hlg!

Dhgate.
Good luck with shipping currently.

1 Like

For Christmas I had a set shipped to my ma lol. They’re really nice for the price.

This is my attempt at pimping my gavita 1700 (turned off for the pic). The bright bar is the mass medical supplement bar from rapid led. In the middle is the gavita uv bar. The far red bar is from forever green indoors, which I thought would fit inside the gavita, but unfortunately does not. Each side of the gavita has these three supplement bars.

1 Like

How many diodes on that UV bar? I couldn’t find any to spec that had worthwhile output and weren’t laser diodes. Wondering when there will be a good alternative to the T5 style UVB bulbs

1 Like

Gavita claims 3300 diodes in the uv bar.

they cant lie about how many diodes. Im using 11 288? diode boards per tent. On topic- the par CRUSHES 2 630 lec in same tent. You need co2 to run this much light and it to pay off.

Led suggestions for a 5x5x8? Planning my first legal grow but space is limited and plants are limited to 4, so I want to optimize. Quality in, quality out.

I want the best light I can get, budget doesn’t matter. Would prefer an actual company with a warranty. My dude is telling me fluence bioengineering sypdr 2i. I’m also considering gavita 1700e or thinkgrow model h with viable spectrum.

Anyone have experience with fluence spydr 2i or gavita 1700e?

1 Like

Horticulture lighting group (hlg) makes nice products. And rapid led sells the chilled logic pucks and small board lights that can be made into a custom system, which unfortunately isn’t really any cheaper. I like my gavita 1700e so far. Gavita discontinued it in favor of the 1900, which is supposed to be equivalent to a de hps.

3 Likes

I par tested quantums and a 600 hlg can do that space well. You wont need all that height with led. Try and just make 3 foot colas instead of empty stems with tops.

GET co2 best advice I can give.

I bought this light for my 4x4 grow tent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08343891S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_Y9T0Q26FWQQNX5PX15T7

It’s running pretty hot for a little tent at 50% brightness. I’m thinking of sending it back and getting a new one. Any suggestions? The gavita looks awesome.

Planning to veg and bloom w 1 light.

A friend of mine bought a few of those to save money. They worked well for her. She noticed the same thing about running hotter compared to her hlg. But in the end harvest was on par with hlg but she had a large enough ac to compensate. If your going to return it check out hlg they’re decently priced for the quality.

1 Like

I’ve run rooms big to small, DE, CMH and even air cooled single-enders back in the day. I scaled back to 14 x 550 watt 3500k +660nm fixtures from China for my personal flower room. They are pretty much the same fixtures from Budget LED Grow Lights from the China plug. I’m happy with the yields and power for veg/flower is down to about $1100/month total.

When we go big again after the move, I’m probably going to invest in Fluence/FOHSE/Agnetix just to have nice tools to work with.

5 Likes

I’m thinking about this one to replace it. Anyone know if it runs hot?

(1) Series 3+ Full Spec 500 Watt Dimmable Grow Light – Budget LED (budgetgrowlights.com)

1 Like

They all run a bit hot, but not compared to a DE HPS. If you are running enough oscillating fans, you won’t have any problems with heat or dust build up.

EDIT: You still need proper HVAC with them.

1 Like

Don’t forget a watt is a watt, regardless of the light type or fixture of you add wattage you add heat and same goes if you reduce wattage.

4 Likes

I needed that advice, thank you. I was thinking I just had a hot light due to design and ignoring wattage. dur.

I’m still on the fence w/ this maxsisun 400w i have now for my 4x4 tent. For heat, I think I’ll just add some additional ventilation. This light puts off a lot of blue/white light. I’m so use to that yellow HPS hue…

2 Likes

how big is your centrifugal fan? My quantums run hot but thats not as big a deal because leaf surface temp is lower than with hid lights. Get co2 and let he tent run below 88 degrees.