Gas Suppliers

I’ve been using gas from @GasLogix-Adam for the last 6 months and have had zero issues. Pretty sure gas logix distributes for cortland

2 Likes

@GasLogix-Adam needs to come spill the beans.

6 Likes

@Waxplug1 , I have performed numerous extraction and purification processes with BHO systems in the past, although that was apparently before these issues began cropping up… first on the West coast, and spreading over the following year across to the East coast of the US. I am not a manufacturer of cannabinoid products, but I have witnessed these phenomena with clients and in facilities with whom I am affiliated and working… some first-hand; others remotely. Does that answer your question? I am curious, why do you ask?

2 Likes

I wanted to know if you’ve witnessed these yourself. I’ve only seen Medusa before but not the fast crash. I’m curious as to what the alumina is fixing in regards to fast crash. Cold crashing thca is something we do to produce thca isolate so I find it hard to believe the alumina will prevent this from happening

1 Like

I’m down to come check this out for myself if it’s still happening

2 Likes

Ah, well then the answer is YES, for sure!

I have based my working theory on all of the evidence I have seen presented by others and first-hand. I mentally analyzed all the data to come up with a list of properties and behaviors, then imagined a hypothetical process by which every anecdote could occur, and under which none were being violated or ignored.

The concept of the specific type of impurity that could accomplish all this came to me as folks like @Dred_pirate, @johnbigoilco and @Dukejohnson were describing the properties of their “petrified” THCa stones… like the specific ways in which they melt & decarboxylate differently from normal THCa crystals. These properties made me think of an old experimental procedure I did with Winterized & unwinterized crude resins in hexane and aqueous 29+% ammonium hydroxide. The ammonium*THCa product that formed (see my profile avatar photo) had VERY similar properties to those these oddly perfect, yet differently shaped, eventually medusa-petrified ‘polymorphs’ of THCa crystals were demonstrating. Soon, it came to light that small organic amines have historically been used in the petroleum industry to “sweeten” or de-acidify the LPG and other petroleum distillates. Knowing the potential of the various secondary & tertiary amines to form and precipitate Lewis acid conjugate “salts” with THCa in/from solutions, all the data finally clicked together in my head…

So I wrote it all out in Post # 337 (and reworded in # 420) of the “It’s not iSoBuTaNe” thread… along with some remediation tips in Post# 424.

5 Likes

I wish I could fast crash like you guys honestly. I have to centrifuge to produce my thca isolate

5 Likes

You CAN fast crash like they do, but we are all certain you DON’T actually WANT to crash in the uncontrolled and deleterious manner they do. We promise! That said, it IS also possible to fast-crash by means OTHER than this bastardly impurity, and with much more control over the results!

6 Likes

I still don’t believe it’s an impurity causing the fast crash. Now if it crashes while the solution is hot in the pot or in the surge tank like @Dred_pirate said then I would believe it but I just don’t see it nor have I seen it with other labs I’ve been to. Now if it crashes because it’s off gassing that’s just the way things work, it cold crashes. 10-20min of off gassing like the fast crash is reported is definitely enough cold to cause it to crash out

I have a couple jars of the precipitate that I’ve saved, too

2 Likes

I used to leave pyrexes open to atmosphere for weeks with no crystallization. Now it happens instantly.

11 Likes

6 minutes out of the extractor in a 65F room. No acidic clay.
Pyrex very cold to touch, something (an amine?) causing very rapid evaporation.

Pyrex diamonds the week before. Same SOP, different gas.
New tank of gas distilled, but not 13x molsieve filtered prior to distillation.

2 Likes

Leaving it open like that with so much surface area can cause moisture to build up and the moisture will cause the thca to drop out faster. That’s why too much moisture in the crc causes clogs. It forces some thca to crash out and blind the crc

2 Likes

Also we are getting our material columns to crash out without even soaking

This stuff came back above 95% thca. I might have a video of us trying to dissolve product and it dropping out crystals while we are trying to dissolve the old product. Something changed from 2020

7 Likes

how were diamonds a new thing just a few years ago and nobody had seen it and now its common? my first crash waas kinda accidental leaving a tube full and even now most smokers in my state are clueless. They still havent seen a diamond or understand anything. The dispensary is mostly trying to hide info not share it.

None of that has anything to do with what’s happening. It happens covered, sealed, in the oven, whatever. Dude, it’s not the process. Get that out of your head, please.

Aren’t you about to do a class with a bunch of people who do have the problem? Are you saying that they don’t know what they are doing too?

Honestly, it seems like you’re trolling to a degree.

8 Likes

Sounds like you’ve been drinking the koolaid

2 Likes

With just a saran wrap I leave trays out like that.
SEEDED
And they don’t crash that fast.

It’s not the process.

And I’m not getting mad or yelling or anything either. You’re still my homie and I’m just discussing. That’s why I’m leaving profanities out, also.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Thumper Dumper

If I do a class, why would I tell anyone that they don’t know what they are doing? I’m not saying you guys don’t know what you are doing either. If anything I’ll ask questions and demonstrate what I do to compare. Maybe then it will become obvious what is causing it to happen to them. I’m not trolling I’m genuinely sharing what I see as the cause for said effect. I can demonstrate said effect as well to prove that for example, adding water to the butane/extract will cause thca to drop out or letting a solution cold crash by off gassing and monitoring the temp to show the correlation. I don’t think anyone is monitoring the collection pot temp of what it is truly inside when this fast crash happens in the pot

5 Likes