Full Spectrum MCT oil...chlorophyll filtration

Picture of our carbon pads that fit 23.75"/24" Buchner funnels. We have others sizes as well. Thanks, Greg gregh@heyesfilters.com

2 Likes

When o when will you teach us the dooing of your products
What amount of carbon in such filter
Is it hardwood carbon
What micron is the filter
Is there some carbon to be expected in filtered liquid
Can you place other powders on top of this media
Come. On give us a great product description :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hi Roguelab, sorry about that, here we go. The specific amount of carbon in the pad is unknown to us, proprietary? At any rate they have different formulas and this particular one that we sell in this industry has the highest level of carbon for color removal. We have customers getting between 250 and 350 gallons through one module (20sqft) before the carbon is exhausted. I donā€™t have an estimate on the flat disc, but we do have customers using them successfully. The filter is 5 micron nominal approximately. So you would want to do your "filtering first, then use the carbon so that you can get the most out of it rather than plugging the carbon with particulate. No you will not get carbon downstream, its imbedded into a cellulose matrix. It is a hardwood carbon, I know coconut carbon is a main ingredient, but not the only one. I donā€™t see why you could not place other powers on top of the carbon pad, it should not interfere with the action of our pad at all. Hope that helps, Greg

2 Likes

Thank you sir several other filter setups
And options you offer can use such great explaining what type of filters do you have for inline cls systems
??

Hi Roguelab, by CLS you are referring to a closed loop system? Then you would not want to use a pad filter in a Buchner funnel as that would defeat the purpose. The conversation seemed to have started with disc filters and so that is why I went in that direction. However in a closed system you would want to use a filter housing set up or a membrane skid set up, both closed loop. You could start with a series of bag filters (single up through multi-round) pre-filter (remove the vast majority of the particulate inexpensively) and then move through a lenticular housing with a carbon module(s). This would require a pump and hose set up going from a closed feed tank to a closed finish tank. Or you could use a two sage membrane system set up that would remove the particulate, lipids, waxes, etc. and then separate the solvents (up to 90%) and color. Hope that helps, thanks, Greg

In addition, depending on batch size, you could use depth pre-filter cartridges then on to pleated cartridges if polish filtration was needed after depth filters. And finally on to carbon cartridges. These would typically be used for smaller produces of crude. Say in the 10L up to 30-40 gallon size range. These should all be used with pumps and stainless sanitary housings (for easy cleanability and the coming compliance requirements). This set up has low hold up volume, important with smaller batches and footprint. Thanks, Greg

Ok sir Lets start with closed loop systems most of us Now focus on sintered disks but they clog easily im the 1 micron and below yet the 0.2 um
Filters help with clarity and one is very sure that they stop everything if produced in a cartridge
Are there any bag filter options one could implement inside of a closed loop
Tri clamp system ?
I imagine a good triclamp housing can be made falanged at both ends to have them fit snug in say 4" or "6 cls systems
Does this already exist ?

How about filter cartriges with stainless steel filter housings ? To say 16 bar
I use the plastic falanged filter cartridges and have one colapse on me
Since them i use it inside the collection pot where i have a 1 1/2 " teiclamp ferrule welded on the inside of my endcap making accident more safe

We have a unit that makes significant amounts of an infused oil much like yours. We donā€™t use crock pots as Iā€™m adverse to batch processing when I can get away from it. This small unit will do about 125 lbs. of hemp a day. Like you we get a green tincture but have figured out how to make a nice golden oil without the expense and waste of carbon filtration. IM me directly.

1 Like

Hi ROguelab, yes both items are available. We have sanitary bag housings starting with the #3 size (4"dia 10"long) up to #2 size (7"dia x 32" long). In between there is a #4 size, 4"dia by 16"L. With Tri-clamps fittings. Above that it goes to a duplex system (2 #2 size housings duplexed together nd then beyond are multi-round bag housings up to 24 #2 size bags. the bags that go into bag housings are available down to 0.5um in various efficiencies. From nominal to 98%. There are also pleated bags and multi-layered bags with additional dirt loading capacities. Lastly there are pleated ā€œcartridgeā€ style filter elements that fit into the #2 size bag housings. So there is a great deal of flexibility with the bag filter platform.
Cartridges do offer ā€œfinerā€ filtration options. For 0.2um, it depends on if you are looking for bacterial (particles that can change there shape) removal sized ability or particulate (hard particles) removal at the 0.2um size exclusion. Many other microns (both nominal and absolute) are available in cartridge from. Bacterial or ā€œthingsā€ that can change there shape are removed by membrane filter elements that are available in standard 2 3/4" dia by 5", 10", 20", 30", and 40" sizes. Membrane is available in hydrophilic(water loving) and hydrophobic(water repelling) types, with PES, PVDF, PTFE, PFA, NYLON, and Polypropylene media. These can go into our sanitary stainless housings from 5" up to 40" single round and then on to multi-round housings. All with Tri-clamp fittings 1 1/2" TC is common for many applications.
Both platforms offer flexibility, typically bags are used for larger particles and pre- course filtration. Final filtration is typically done with cartridges when going to a 0.2um level. Other considerations are flow rate, batch size, final micron removal rating, dirt loading or % solids, compatibilities and others.

PS, there are also a variety of bag materials available. Polyester, Polypropylene, Nylon, PTFE, and others.

PSS, in the vain of a hybrid style filter cartridge, there are hi- flow filter cartridges that are used in lieu of cartridges and or bags. These come in 6" dia by 40" and or 60" in length with pleated (and depth) styles with a variety of filter media.

Rather than soak plant material in carrier oils, perhaps an infusion with dry sift or keif will provide the desired outcome?

1 Like

Filter with zeolite if oil corrupted by chlorophyll, or distill the terpenes, recover them, boil the plant material several times to take out the chlorophyll then press to take out the water, grind and infuse in the oil and filter the plant material add the soluble fraction of terpenes

1 Like

Dissolve your mct oil in butane and crc it :joy:

Beautiful. What oil to biomass proportion, and temp? Have u tried mct?