Freeze drying Flower material for good results

So has anyone here successfully modded their pharma harvest right for this and been happy with results?

Has anyone extracted cannabis after using the CryoCure? It seems like an ideal way to cure your buds. Would your extract still be considered live resin? I am just wondering if it would be better than using LN2 and having to use a freezer to keep everything frozen until you run it.

Unfortunately not, Though Im sure I could get it down within a week after reading through the patent.

Iā€™ve had pretty solid results drying flower with HR Pharm FD (only complaint it the slim tray decks- canā€™t handle larger buds). I pre chill the freezer for 4 hours before loading. Then freeze for 10hr. Ice crystals are more easily sublimated when deeply frozen. I set shelf temp limit to 65, and run for 12 hour dry. Buds look amazing, a bit soft on the nose until they take up some moistureā€“and sometimes come out a little crispy. They quickly (30-60 min) rehydrate with ambient air to a proper 13% moisture in our current summer climate. You can always jar them with a 62% Boveda pack and rehydrate if needed.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Drill out the rivets and replace with bolts and wing nuts. Only two wires connecting the heating element to the harness, replace with a suitable quick connect and you got yourself the best of all worlds

3 Likes

I havenā€™t used the CryoCure, but I sampled their flower and it was stellar. They do, or at least they did, recommend freezing prior, mostly to speed up the cycle time.

@newbtech Hey, Iā€™m considering a Harvest Right unit, how did your setup go with your results? Do you have any suggestions/advice? Iā€™m looking to work with flower to make good sellable.

Welcome to the future @newbtech!

3 Likes