Food R&D in Portland, Oregon

Sure,

BUT AREN’T YOU CURIOUS OF ALL THE POSSIBILITIES???

4 Likes

Maybe I do want that…

1 Like

I did once open blast some rosemary.

2 Likes

super critical CO2 bacon extract

5 Likes

fractionated artisanal lards would be interesting

think of the eggs and the confit

3 Likes

Run corn, sugar, water, and a yeast pitch in glass artisan jugs. Then distill it down into a delicate, flammable fluid-like consistency using a farm-welded, all locally sourced and mined copper apparatus.

Serves 3.

11 Likes
1 Like

Lmao am I to high or did you just explain moonshine in an elegant way :rofl::joy:

8 Likes

So are you familiar with molecular gastronomy? Seems like that’s your aim. If it isn’t, maybe it should be. It really is where the lab and kitchen intersect. It requires precision and innovation. Seems right up your alley.

2 Likes

@Flavorvap on IG will be right up your alley

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s exactly it! When I get a lock on it, you’ll have to try my creations.
@Akoyeh this was what I had in mind. Now to get my hands on equipment :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Do you know how to make a pure bananna crystal that has zero flavor that we can re dose with bananas terps? Because 20 % bananas dont get me what I want from a bannana/

when was the last time you read something you wrote before you pressed enter?

I was expressing that I prefer less processed products. I smoke flower.

Try treating your banana with a calcium hydroxide brine, then heat it

Any pectin rich fruit works well with this technique

Have you listened much to the Cooking Issues podcast?

People in the restaurant/catering biz should NOT have “vomit” in their name. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Unless they make the sickest souflees

2 Likes

One of our favorite staple dishes in our house is called “Barf Dip”… Not only does the food slightly resemble pre-chewed, partially digested slop, but you’ll also eat so much of it that you want to puke.

Vomit and barf for the food win!

2 Likes