First Attempt at EHO Diamonds

Just try to remember that breathing in the silica isn’t good for you or your customers. Once its dry it can get puffy and go everywhere. Including your eyes and nose. Use appropriate PPE, etc. <3

Does rosin have a high enough THCA content to make diamonds? From what I understand you need roughly 90%, and most rosins I’ve seen are usually in the 70’s

With the rosin diamond tech you just keep pressing at different temps/times and pressure until all that is left is diamonds.

I’m not gonna say eho diamonds are impossible but there’s definitely better solvents for making diamonds. Pentane is on the line of being able to pull it off efficiently. I’d imagine if you did an ethanol reactor scale wash with pentane and dewaxed and then filtered through media you’d have diamonds no problem. You need to boil the pentane off with low heat and vacuum and rotation otherwise you risk breaking the bond and decarbing it.

That being said, pentane is a lot more dangerous to use and you should treat it as butane. So for that matter, you might as well just use butane/propane blends as they have lower boiling points.

1 Like

Maybe I should be putting them in the vacuum instead of the shelf? I’ve seen a few other users say they put their jar in the vacuum oven. If so what temp and how deep of a vacuum?

I think you got that backwards bud

Pentane is more likely to sugar out your extract then make real diamonds when using shatter or wax as the feedstock its not magic and is better used to ReX lesser grade stones/isolates with +90% potancy, also it is extremely dangerous when compared to ETOH so please use extra caution if you go that route

3 Likes

Also the word insalubrious, meaning of course, the exact opposite.

5 Likes

Well yeah, if you’re using shatter or wax as feed stock you’re already doing it wrong.

Fats hold together terpenes and thc since they’re all non polar. To get clean separation you need to remove the fats.

You’d get the same results with any solvent in that scenario.

And you’re telling this to me why?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGvhiKchIuE/?igshid=1agv87gl14wn3

5 Likes

LOL I’m dying

2 Likes

Because it’s a relevant corollary to your statement about pentane not being super well suited to OP’s task.

It makes more sense as response to your statement than as a stand-alone response to OP.

It’s not all about you buddy…

4 Likes

Then state it to the OP not me lol

It was a reply to your comment hence why I used the reply function.

1 Like

Lol cute…Sir I kindly reject your misplaced :spoon: and probably should inform you that in the year 2020 any extractor whos worth a lick of salt is dewaxing both WAX and SHATTER inline or with a post process winterization especially ETHONAL soooooooooooo :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sorry your butthurt. I didn’t make any assumptions about what you do or don’t know. I was just trying to be thorough in my explanation.

Cry on.

:man_shrugging: :+1:

2 Likes

He’s only crying from laughing, but I digress…

1 Like

I don’t know who lead you to believe there is a significant threat of toxicity with pentane, but as far as toxicity goes pentane is fairly benign. Its still a solvent, don’t drink or huff it. But, its not benzene, toluene, DMF, chlorinated solvents, pyradine, methanol…all of which ARE fairly toxic (and common). As for flammability, pentane presents enormous risk compared to ethanol which is a more reasonable argument than toxicity not to allow that solvent into your building/process. The ICH and FDA both list ethanol and pentane as solvents with low toxic potential at 5000 ppm limits.

“It is considered that amounts of these residual solvents of 50 mg per day or less (corresponding to 5,000 ppm or 0.5 percent under Option 1) would be acceptable without justification. Higher amounts may also be acceptable provided they are realistic in relation to manufacturing capability and good manufacturing practice (GMP).”

FDA QC3 Solvent Class Table

Either way, you are bound to fight a residual solvent test. Pentane is easier to remove than ethanol, and ethanol promotes decarb so you’re using a solvent that actively eats your yield. It might not be appreciable if you can crystallize quickly, but if you leave acidic cannabinoids in ethanol very long you will observe decarb.

Also, consider that a breathalyzer works based on you exhaling alcohol from your lungs/blood. Clearly the body has ways to manage the contact of ethanol and lungs/organs. Not that breathing ethanol vapor is pleasant.

1 Like

Jartek on the shelf appears to be working. After 10 days, there are are crystal formations appearing in the bottom of the jar

1 Like