FDA Activity at USA CBD Expo in Las Vegas

my mn guys were there also. they did not talk about this as a problem.

Looks like Oakland with all that crack!

1 Like

Even the pixels smell like they need a bath. Loved the game, couldnā€™t handle the hordes of unwashed nerds.

Pls define ā€œoperateā€? Seems like operating would require at a minimum, a rudimentary grasp of operating rules. Particularly those plastered all over the NY Dept of Ag website.

NY CBD_FAQs.pdf (112.2 KB)

Hmmm so mct oil with cbd tincture
Could be called a food product adulterated
Any edible oil or ethanol
Could be called adulterated
:joy::joy: oh boy

Yes - but not could be.
By FDA statute, all edibles & tinctures fall under FDA regs.
If the CBD is mixed with ANY food, be it MCT, grape seed oil or edible weasel jiz, it becomes a food additive. Trying to call a gummy a bath bomb? I donā€™t think FDA will be fooled, which is one reason they included the ban on animal food additives - as people tried that as a loophole.
Any sale of CBD edible or tincture that crosses state lines is banned.

1 Like

I sell decorative CBD tongue paint. not meant for consumption. Turns your tongue green.

p.s. ISO CRC tech

p.s.s joke.

3 Likes

I get it - I look for loopholes as hard as anyone =)

3 Likes

Iā€™m really curious as to if anyone checked their credentials.

1 Like

we had event center workers come to our booth asking if we had any edible cbd samples being given out to put them away, did not see anyone with FDA badge or anything but lots of talk about it. We did see a plain clothes guy with what looked like a service dog however it didnt have the service dog patch, just a patch that said do not pet. Seemed strange how he was quietly walking it along peoples booth like it was a drug sniffing dog.

1 Like

If you call and speak to people at the the governorā€™s office, the DOH, DOAā€¦ they donā€™t have a clue what they are going to actually enforce. They are deferring on food and beverage. NYC Dept of Health were the only ones Iā€™m aware of so far to take any sort of action. CBD is on the shelves in NY state (and a lot of the city) in every form at gas stations, convenience stores, malls have multiple storefronts and kiosks selling openly. Supermarkets are carrying water soluble, tincturesā€¦

Will that change? Quite possibly. But right now it does not seem like the state wants to take any action and is waiting for more concrete ruling by FDA or for FDA to make a move first.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-signs-legislation-establishing-regulatory-framework-producing-and-selling-hemp

3 Likes

FDA - to get a drug or item ā€œFDA safeā€, the filing fee is over $2 million dollars with clinical trials and data attached, with R&D cost and testing - you are looking at upwards of 2.2 billion dollarsā€¦

Thatā€™s why most natural cancer drugs or remedies has to be labeled as ā€œwonā€™t cureā€¦ā€

1 Like

Nope, just cannabis regulation and CBD drama.

Wait, I canā€™t get my out of state EWJ Gummies or Tincture??

I get it. However, the law is clear, its not legal. I hope state law changes that soon.

1 Like

A drug-sniffing dog would have had a nervous breakdown!

1 Like

Aaaaaand someone has done that with CBD.

Can you? Hell yes!

Do they fall under FDA jurisdiction the moment they cross state lines? Yes.
Did the FDA send 15 CBD sellers warning letters to halt interstate sales? Yes
Did those 15 stop selling across state lines after they got their letter ? Yes
Is it wise spend $$ to build out a program to market CBD nationally knowing the FDA is shutting down companies who do that?

See KOI ā€“ try to buy something and put it in the cart ā€¦

with all the hemp flower being sold i agree, we just found it super strange to see

Incorrect. The Hemp Extract Bill has passed in NY. There are new labeling and testing regs coming into play 2nd week of March, 2020. A whole new round of licencing overseen by the Dept of Health begins in January of 2021. CBD products manufactured in NY must be produced as dietary supplements, its been that way for over 2 years.

Ag and Markets is slowly enforcing ā€œno cbd in foodā€. This is not NY deferring to the FDA. This is a choice NY has made on their own in efforts to compartmentalize and regulate the CBD market.

In short, NY is not deferring to the FDA. NY is choosing its own path and yes, adopting FDA guidelines for dietary supplement manufacturing.