Fat in Crude

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on my question. What causes fat to be in crude? More specifically, is the amount of fat present in crude solely dependent on how it’s being extracted? Also, during winterization, could ISO or Ethanol help precipitate fats more than the other?

Use the search bar, all of the answers you seek are contained within.

1 Like

Fat is attracted to the solvent the same way thc is. We try and use temperature, pH, and a few other techniques to manipulate the solvent into being less attracted to the undesireable compounds (fat, wax, chlorophyll), and more attracted to the cannabinoids.

4 Likes

nope. that is certainly a major component in the equation, but genetics (and growth conditions) will also contribute.

have you done your homework?
eg reading Iso vs ethonal

https://future4200.com/search?q=winterization

2 Likes

giphy

1 Like

thank you, i’ll reup on my readings :stuck_out_tongue:

It really is non-trivial to figure out the correct search term sometimes…as in you don’t know wtf it is you need to know…AND, you’d be amazed at how many of the questions posted here can be answered by simply pasting them verbatim into the search box.

If you’re going to dedicate some reading time, I recommend wandering over to the data dump and starting with a book or three.

5 Likes

Please excuse @cyclopath he didn’t get the memo that it was :spoon: fed Sunday.:grin:

6 Likes

:crazy_face::rofl:

2 Likes

I swear my calendar says it’s Supoon Sunday…

3 Likes