Fall harvest 2020: What are market tolling rates going to be?

If so, then why quote the outrageous price to crude rather than what is probably a much more reasonable price to take it all the way from biomass → crude → distillate → formulation & white label?

They might not be able to operate without charging those prices. Not necessarily the processor’s fault for charging those prices if someone’s willing to pay it.

Options for the customer. Extraction and solvent reclamation is the most expensive part of going from biomass to products (other than thc remediation if needed). While its probably more reasonable to go all the way to products its still more total money upfront.

FWIW Here in the midwest im seeing and most processors are busy.
$10/lb bio to winterized crude
$12/lb bio to winterized decarb crude
$15/lb bio to distillate
$20/lb bio to isolate
and highly variable prices to toll to different products

1 Like

I can sympathize, but it seems weird when the prevailing price seems to be between 1/3rd and half of their competition.

I know my experience is not universal but we produce a premium crude product that multiple users on this forum have distilled and can vouch for, and we haven’t seen a whole lot of buyers who are willing to pay a premium for a quality product.

@TheFuzzyOne If they want to truck it west let me know…we’re at $3.50/lb for extraction to W/D crude and have a lab we’ve partnered with that can then take to distillate for $5/lb price point all inclusive.

Dang, if you talk to anyone that needs more capacity I can process 6,000 lbs a day into WD Crude, carbon scrubbed and water soluble free. I will beat those prices all day. Only considering people with minimum of 60,000 lbs (2 weeks of processing)

Theres no way anyboy is paying that much to go bio to wd crude. you can buy wd crude for $125/kg all day and sometimes slightly less

1 Like

Biomass to Raw crude $4-6/lb
W/D $6-8/lb
Distillate $8-12/lb
Isolate $10-12/lb
Flexible

Volume is a big factor and we’ll always run the numbers. Currently doing ~9-10k pounds per week running supercritical c02 and increased efficiencies have been very nice

If someone has a raw crude situation, let me know! I have 6 extractors I can get going ASAP. Winterization is our bottleneck.

1 Like

Yikes. We’re in Wi and probably one of the most expensive in the country based on what I’m seeing.
super/subcitical Co2.
20lbs/day.

$25/lb into winterized, filtered, decarbed crude. Typically 80% total.
As mentioned above, our only customers are those producing finished goods.

If anyone needs a couple hundred lbs turned into some top notch extract, hml.

Video of our crude turned ghetto isolate using nothing but time and gravity so i don’t get beat down too bad for my pricing.

2 Likes

@greenbuggy has the best crude I’ve worked with. Easily distill it to 90%+ TAC.

2 Likes

didnt that turn because of high quality input material?

2 Likes

I can winterize up to 1000 kgs of raw crude per day in my lab. Colorado outside of Denver. I charge $35 per kg

3 Likes

To some extent yes, but this is from year old biomass that tested @12% fresh.

So far we have been able to get everything we extract to do this, just takes more time than its worth.

I’m just as surprised as you are bud, but yes that is the rate at a large lab near me and it’s booked through jan/feb.

We’re located up in Northern Wisconsin and were tolling 1,500lbs per day biomass to CBD Isolate for $10per lb to Isolate.

Biomass to F/W/D with 0.2 micron filtration prior to recovery, Crude easily for under $5.00 per lb all day long or even to 90% distillate.

Plenty of open space can intake over 10,000lbs today and discounted rates on top of those if anyone needs some.

We have no bottle necks.

Also Certified Iso-9001:2015 with cGMP.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what’s your normal efficiency from biomass to isolate?

1 Like

At some point the best minor cannabinoids will only be produced synthetically through modified yeast and ecoli.

2 Likes

Well I will be the exception then. Synthetics will not stop me from exploring and growing minors. Some say synthetic or lab grown meat is the way of the future too. I will always raise my own livestock as well.

Understandable. I think it’s just worth noting that bacteria and other organisms can make some of these cannabinoids more efficiently with 0 thc. Cannabinoids are so much simpler than lab grown meat - you don’t have to worry about the output’s superstructure. I just think it’ll be impossible to grow some of these cannabinoids at useful levels naturally through hemp.

1 Like

Woah,

Are the processors really only running at 20% efficiency from biomass to isolate?

That seems really low.

FWIW I don’t go to isolate in house but I’m sure some are at or around that efficiency, because of the sum of all inefficiencies along the line.

A good extractor at a reasonable price point is around 90% efficient at getting cannabinoids out of the biomass they are given.

Take that crude to distillate and you’re probably getting anywhere from 50-75% of the input weight out, to produce good distillate that is probably around 90% TAC and the CBD % is probably around 85-88% dependent of course on the strain, minors and extraction and distillation parameters

Some amount of CBD loss into your mother liquor when you’re crashing out isolate too.

Certainly some of this loss can be mitigated by reprocessing your distillation tails and mother liquor but I doubt most are doing that for each and every individual toll customer they have.

Spitball here, but if you extract at 90% efficient, distill and get out 75% of your input weight in distillate and have 88% CBD distillate, the max theoretical CBD yield you could possibly get out is inside of 60%, at 85/68/86 you’re inside of 50% and this isn’t even getting into the real world yields and efficiencies that isolate makers are actually seeing in their day to day.

2 Likes