Extraction facility layout

Would a co2 extraction room need to be c1d1? What about post processing i.e. rotavapor ……?? I’m trying to figure out the air flow and the safety codes needed for a build out.

2 Likes

You need to get a hold of your local fire Marshall and ask them.
The co2 shouldn’t require a c1d1 environment.

2 Likes

just like @Soxhlet said it is local/municipally based. I am in Michigan and will be having our facility built out in the next 3-4 months and can report back on our experience

3 Likes

When will we finally have a resonable and consistant fire code?

1 Like

Please do! I’m in the middle of it in norcal right now. I can share with ya as well

2 Likes

*Reasonable :joy:
I’d take a resinable code too though

Same boat here, how is this going for you?

Wich country are you located ?
South afrika ?

1 Like

So then are all the lines from these equipments brought in to the c1d1 area? If so, how is that obtained?

Also, do you know if CMEP explosion proof pump can be placed inside the C1D1?

Needs to be in c1d1…and is designed for that location. Not sure if it’s rated for that yet. Pretty sure it wasn’t rated when first I used one…Imagine it is at this point

1 Like

Hi here is some info that might help you on C1D1 andC1D2

Also GMP stands for Good Manufacturing Practices and makes sure the end user is safe by these standards

1 Like

We do this professionally at Green Machine. Shoot me an email and we can get you taken care of! Zack@grmlabs.com

4 Likes

water and air lines can be passed through the wall and sealed per fire code.
Power must be ran in either a raited power cord or explosion proof conduit. Explosion proof moters and devices can be ran inside the c1d1. Anything with an enclosure that is raited explosion proof can be used as long as it is in the right class for the envoiroment.

You can place your explosion proof pump into the booth, just make sure it is wired according to the code and the place where the cord or conduit goes through the wall is sealed.If all else fails bounce the idea off your local fire marshall.

4 Likes

I’m tracking what you’re saying. Thanks for your response!