Extract cannabinoids from hashish with heptane?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Heptane does not mix with water and if your trying to dry heptane epsom salts are not something I would use, freeze the water & forget the bath salts lol

1 Like

So you just chill it down and filter the ice?

water is heavier than heptane so it stays on the bottom, just pour thru a filter

1 Like

I always waste a few ml of heptane in a sep funnel but when going for crystallization it can be noted that a few water droplets appear on the bottom. So I’ve started to use drying steps. Yes they are immiscible but nothing is perfect in that aspect.

3 Likes

I think someone used dry acetone on European hashish and was able to filter off a shitload of contaminants like plant matter
10k yielded 3k of cleaned hash
But that was forever ago when they imported that shit to america

Use ethanol for winterization through bubble bags and coffee filters if your on a budget. If you can filter it enough to get a gold color you can use that, otherwise your gonna need some equipment.

1 Like

i am really interested to know the chemistry behind this or how something like this would work. any idea?

1 Like

They used acetone.
Dissolved the hash in the acetone as good as possible . Filter it out thru a Büchner funnel
Then they baked Epsom salts in the oven at 420 degrees for an hour, and add 1/10 the weight in mgso4 to the acetone/hash solution.
Then filter after 30 min, again.
Evaporate the hash that was left in the acetone.

I mean, he didn’t say that, but he said he used acetone and a buchner and dried it afterwards so this is what I think he did

2 Likes