Expert needed in Landmark Conversions Legal Battle (Texas)

unless you expect said witness to lie, you’re looking at something along the lines of:

“yeah, the testing lab these guys used wasn’t actually up for the task. this was par for the course at that time”.

you certainly won’t get an expert to say “they isomerized to D9 while in police storage”

1 Like

Yeah for that part it got an A+, F for everything else

3 Likes

Sorry i am just now getting back on here! I appreciate all of the feedback. Here are all of the facts of the case:

1. I just need a chemist to testify that if the isomerizations were not done properly, there could be higher concnetraions of D9 than ever intended and that the product was indeed derived from a hemp based starting material. I have all of the testing from back in the day from SCLabs, Proverde, TxPharmlabs, SDpharmlabs, KCA labs, and a variety of others. We all know what that testing looked like back in the early days. Whats my defense here?

2. I was paying taxes on every single ML, Cartridge, and Edible produced.

3. I had all three license in the state of Texas to Grow, Manufacture, and Process Hemp and Farmbill compliant products. I played by all of their compliance regulations to the best of my ability.

4. All i was charged with initially was a DWI and Misdemeanor Possession of Marijuana under 2 ozs. 1 year after the arrest I took a plea deal at my first court appearance for 12 months probation and $3500 in fines. Then, 6 months later, I get pulled over for speeding, already on probation from this incident, and the state finally tests all of the products and decided to charge me with Man/Del of a CS over 400 grams with intent.

5. I had hundreds of gummies. Maybe a few thousand. The state has only tested 10 of each color of gummy and some of the converted distillate.

6. This is all fucked up.

1 Like

Kca offers this as a service, not sure if you can get access to any of the material to get it retested but might be worth a shot

@kcalabs can you possibly look at an old tests chromatogram and tell if it’s hemp derived or do you need to test it?

We need to test it, but we’d like to see the chromatogram.

2 Likes

KCA LABS! I love you guys. Youve acrtually tested some of the confiscated distillate before.

It was sent to you by “Steven Keyser” aka “Steve Labman” when he tried to extort me and like 5 other vendors in 2020.

I bet my attorney can get some of the materials over to you guys. Or at least try.

I can also get the chromatograms I have from other Labs involved.

Also, could I dm you guys? The main, Texas Compliant Lab I was using, is no longer in business. There’s a bit of a twist with this that I do not want to make public.for the sake of others involved.

3 Likes

I just need the argument made that it could be a possibility if improperly stored. Beyond reasonable doubt.

We want to prove reasonable doubt by all of the testing I conducted, at the time, that would come back with 40 to 50% variances between labs.

Yes. I held all three licenses availble in the state. Growe, Processor, and manufactuerer.

The oil and gummies are certainly hot. I would send off samples for testing back then and get a 40% to 50% variance in lab reports.

My attorneys, at the time, told me to just stick with one Texas Department of Agriculture licesned testing faciltiy and stick with them. I stuck with them, have all the labs still, but unfortunately they are no longer operational and have become an entirely new entity.

We have the chromatograms from their tests as well.

Im looking for any and all angles here. I had no prioris. I was compliant. I paid taxes on all of this revenue. Ive not lost years of my life to stress and fear of imprisonment.

***Not going to lie, im still pretty resentful that a few of us paved the way for this shit to be sold in every gas station across the country unregulated and now me and a few others are the ones that have had our freedom and business’s on the line.

When I got busted. I stopped. Missed out on millions and millions in revenue. There were 1000 people in the reddit sub and I was doing 30k a day in sales when i put out the first CDT D8 carts on the market…

Sorry, rant over, just needed to vent a few things that only you guys would understand.***

3 Likes

If I remember correctly @Bret_HoneyGold mentioned he was touring that lab, when one of the alphabet boys were there… I think they were getting their inspection at the time…

1 Like

I miss that guy… Good dude.

Which lab?

Was that an extortion attempt? I thought he was trying to sell his caahm drinks or whatever

Do you not remember he was sending coa’s of products and just being a narc?

1 Like

I remember that. I don’t remember him trying to extort money from vendors, but I do recall a scheme to get people to make chargebacks against them

That seems like a way to extort? Or am I just being too black and white?

1 Like

I know my fair share and had a work relationship with Labman (built his website, met in person) before he blew up the internet and I ended business. If I can help without pay. Id be happy to. I didnt do business in Texas or D8 because of these revelations and findings.

The cannabinoids likely won’t convert sitting on the shelf

Did you make the converted oil? The angle that the entire conversion industry is hot might be true. I think that few people are making compliant stuff even now

3 Likes

I’m not sure though. You’d be looking for evidence of acid catalyzed isomerization in the oil without solvent and at low temps (sub 35C). I’m not sure if I have observed this. It doesn’t happen with solvent until around 60-80C. Maybe long times and Texas heat could push that argument through

1 Like

I think a better defense is using data from a licensed laboratory to make decisions about handling these substances, but the data was wrong in the first place.

4 Likes

Was there COA that showed it was clean? I missed that. If so I agree that’s a good argument. He didn’t know it was hot and trusted some chemists.

3 Likes