ETS Mini-MEP - Recovery Coil Clog? I think?

Hey man I’m curious how your system is working now.

Have you had the clogging problem recur at all?

After you cleared the clog did you find any other evidence of water in your pump outlet line or coil?

Do you have multiple gauges on your pumps outlet to verify you don’t have an intermittent gauge problem? The pulsing right at the pump outlet can mess up some gauges.

Having multiple gauges in the line from the pump to the tank helps a tremendous amount when diagnosing problems like these.

With a pump like the Corken it can build so much pressure you could easily rupture something if you’re not careful. Also, the pressure relief valve should be right at the pump outlet to guard against problems like this.

I find it hard to believe but not impossible that you had an ice plug form during operation.

If you had so much water come into the collection pot that enough was able to co-distill with the butane (even at conditions far below the boiling point for water) such that it could cause a solid plug in your coil that could hold back 400PSI I’m thinking you would need a LOT of water coming through. So much water that I would imagine your oil would be ruined and do that violent “sizzle” when dabbed.

Did your oil from that run sizzle, or otherwise indicate it had excessive water content?

If not, I think you might have had a blockage due to an issue with your quick connects or solvent tank valve. Especially if your mol sieve was fairly new like you say.

I have experienced this issue of run away outlet pressure on my system since implementing the Corken T291. What I have traced the problem to is an issue with the vapor valve on my 125lb solvent tank (pictured below). I think the valve is designed to be a vapor outlet, not a high volume cold liquid/vapor inlet. What I have found is if I jog the valve the correct way when the pressure starts to build the pressure will be relieved and I can hear liquid rush past as things go back to normal.

This is an issue that suddenly appeared one day. I had been running to Corken for a month or so before it first happened. It’s a very unsettling problem to have and I’m glad I watch my pump outlet gauges like a hawk. Since I have a gauge at the pump outlet and one at the tank inlet I was easily able to rule out a clog in the coil because I saw the same pressure spike happening at the tank inlet.