EtOH Cooling

:heart_eyes: Yes - good thinking.

However, Agitation is going be your biggest energy expense at scale. You dont want to null that too much

Edit: For clarity - the tertiary properties !? I think I said that right - are costing you zero dollars to manipulate and agitate. Don’t add extra cost. We bout to enter a price war.

1 Like

There’s a big difference in the stability of ethoxide ion and the HCO3- ion. That is to say, carbonic acid is far more acidic than ethanol is.

2 Likes

You are right. 100%.

Co2 is not desirable to us.

What about a tube-in-tube heat exchanger with ln2? Then feed outlet into the ethanol reservoir, draw it off the top, through a dessicant tube, to a n2 compressor, to a heat exchanger, to an expander that leads through that last heat exchanger then to the ln2 reserve

Sounds good to me. There are a few details that are needed to be sorted. Pumps/valves and stuff.

How familiar are you with optical/specific rotation and solvation effects :thinking:

1 Like

Ethanol’s is -146c :wink:

Studied it lightly in school, what’s up?

Rather then mess around you could finance one of our systems to do it without consuming LN2. Rated for -48 Deg C, will reach -60 at no load.

https://www.instagram.com/gps_llc/

1 Like

I’ll stick with my team of engineers.

2 Likes