Ethanol Saturation

Try using 4l per pound of starting material. Try to get the ethyl to -60c when using buckets. When transferring the ethyl and pouring it into the buckets it warms rather quickly. Also be sure to stick the buckets in a freezer so that the temperature is halfway maintained. Stirring is also recommended halfway through the process to be sure the ethyl is reaching all the material.

My bad I thought that 50F translated to a lower celcius temp than -45C. I thought it would be closer to -70C at which temperature, the soak time would not effect chlorophyll pick up according to info shared by photonnoir . So that was my bad for not checking that temp conversion because there is a big difference in running a solvent at -70C and -45C. Just wanted to justify my post because that quote you took made me look like an asshole :stuck_out_tongue:

But you had the right idea, if it is cold enough you can soak basically indefinitely without extracting to many impurities

1 Like

I feel i should share this tidbit of information I came across yesterday. When doing room temp etho extractions lab tests have shown that 150 lbs of 15% trim was ran through 15 gal during 10 runs reusing the 15 gal, with a 10% loss of etho to biomass. No loss of extracted cannabinoids up to the 10th run. Yield 57% cannabinoids in tincture. Data is posted on Instagram on ecodysts page. I called them to get further info and this was disclosed to me.

12 Likes

Awesome job!!!

1 Like

Im not at all sure what you’r saying but it’s clearly important. Lol. Can you elaborate? They did ten washes and lost 10% each time in the biomass? If it was 10% of the original amount each time wouldn’t here be none left? Also, what do you mean by no loss in yield? Do you mean no increase in yield? Can you re walk everyone through this?

What kind of solvent/biomass desperation was utilized?

1 Like

So your saying you did 10 runs of 15 pounds each run using 15 gallons and didn’t leave any cannabinoids behind all the way up to the 10th run?

1 Like

No, I haven’t actually performed this. This was information I got from ecodyst via a phone call.

Which really does work, but I’ve got an arometrix fraction finder in my carry on these days. Makes process optimization way faster…

2 Likes