Ethanol extraction… it’s been awhile

Keeping the jacket at -40 is not a bad idea. You can spray at -20 instead of -80 and save a LOT of time and money. Read the previously linked spray wash thread and feel free to reach out if you’ve got any questions.

7 Likes

not so cold…

did you read that thread yet?

(crap, @Lincoln20XX beat me to it! :wink: )

3 Likes

not if they’re paying attention. that is the former suggested route…

no reactions here. simply dissolution.

cleanings? I’m assuming you mean multiple washes?

maybe you should check out the thread @HeisenbergInd was pointed at too…one wash to solve(ate) them all…

7 Likes

I’m going to be headed to the facility here shortly and I’ll take pics of everything and let you guys see what I’m working with.

Reading that thread made me realize again that this shits ever evolving :joy:

Much appreciated @Lincoln20XX and @cyclopath

6 Likes

Where can I get the donut style bags at? And maybe even the head style (wand or shower) attachment?

@cyclopath i seen your convo on the other thread with @Lincoln20XX on it. Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction

@MagisterChemist has the hookup I believe.
that’s certainly were I got the ones I didn’t build myself.

not actually a huge fan of bags…

3 Likes

Ahhh… gotcha. Just know it’s a pain in the ass to clean out the fuge without one.

The slurry technique was cool. We did that with SS buckets and an industrial wine press back in the day

1 Like

@MagisterChemist PLEASE tell me you got the hook up on these :grin:

1 Like

Well, that depends on how you perform that trick…

4 Likes

Interesting… have to be a big ass shop vac😂What about using tube style filter socks? Stacked?

I have a shit ton of those that would fit.

Here’s what it has now for an injector.

2 Likes

If thats a 1.5" triclamp ferrule on the top of the fuge you can squeeze a glacier spray head through the fitting.

https://www.glaciertanks.com/tank-cip-spray-balls-sb-150-150-7-mini.html

Also @cyclopath can probably share a picture of his fabbed up spray wand that he is using.

In the next week or so i can get you some data on the alfa leval sani mega spray head.

3 Likes

It is 1 1/2”

2 Likes

I’m fucking drawing a blank on how to attach that to what I have existing

It doesn’t need to be air tight, does it?

Second edit: in-laws were in for the weekend… still recovering :roll_eyes:

I am currently using my standard bags with a hole cut out of the top center. this works good for a temp fix, but another option is you could sew a little material sock to the middle of the top of the bags and that would allow your spray head to sit inside the bag.

Also a great insight from @cyclopath wad to spin your bags dry and the centrifugal force will make the biomass turn into its own donut.

2 Likes

this spray head would slide into the center of the fuge and if you look closely it has a second triclamp ferrule on the top. so you would just take off the ball valve slide the spray head in and then hook the ball valve up to the spray heads second triclamp ferrule.

2 Likes

The inlet from the underneath (the hole on the inside) is only an inch :roll_eyes:

Could just get a welder to weld it on :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

If the hole is only an inch then you’ll need to pull the lid off and have a welder add a new bigger ferrule, i’d recommend a 2" if you are adding a new one as the 2" will fit a sanimidget sprayhead.

I would avoid having it welded on permanently, you’ll want to dial in the spray head height and will want to be able to remove it for cleaning and replacing.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m gonna do. I can have that done by weeks end.

Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

Would you believe I wasn’t spray washing yet, and the ‘fuge did this to the bag…

5 Likes

Christ on a cracker!

What RPM was that?