Ethanol crumble THC

Definitely gotta make a trip back down once all this craziness settles down.

1 Like

I used to do this when we made EHO extracts, I would purge the shatter, then after enough solvent was out, I would add the terps right on top, and pull/stretch it to mix them in. Thats the only way I have found to really get a hydro carbon extract amount of terpenes in an EHO. You can find some EHO that is flavorful, but if you dont isolate the terps and re combine later, you will definitely lose some terps into the alcohol.

Still possible to make good EHO concentrates, but when it comes to retaining terps BHO/PHO is king. Especially because you can extract fresh frozen with BHO. Terps dont get much better than that.

Do you guys have rules against BHO in florida mmj? just wondering.

Ahhh yes I can see where you’re coming from now. That’s a good technique! We never isolate Terps that would take a lot longer than the higher ups would like. I really think that the strain should dictate the type of concentrate you make with EHO. Extracting fresh frozen is for sure the best route. Florida is all EHO or CO2 there might be a way to get BHO but I don’t think its approved yet. You have to have a blast proof lab or something? I may not be remembering correctly but I’m pretty sure BHO is a no go for now.

1 Like

You’ll have to get a C1D1 environment set up to be safe to work with butane in a mmj facility. I used to work in a state that didn’t allow for hydrocarbons like it seems florida does, thats why I have experience making EHO.

If you want to try removing and then re adding terps, you could try with a smallish investment, you can use a freeze dryer to remove and capture the terps from the bud, then extract how you normally do, but before you pour your extract out of your roto, add in your desired % terps.

1 Like

Interesting concept might have to see if I can get a freeze dryer for R&D. I had an idea to use our refluxer in conjunction with the Wipe film to get those terps separated and disty after. The company may not implement that tek in the extraction lab simply because that room is such a well oiled machine and interrupting their flow might not go over so well. What’s your favorite freeze dryer? We have the Harvest something or other for that rosin room.

1 Like

Bahhahahhahaha try my tek fool and prepare yourself for an hte version of eho.

Can you describe a little more details here? You took BHO extraction, purged/removed the butane, than added ethanol and purged off the ethanol? Am i following correctly?

Literally what is says washing buds with an emulsified hydrocarbon extract.

I took a butane extraction and emulsified it in ethanol and then used that mixture to wash fresh buds [of the same strain]. Then buchner funnel with vacuum assist with powders. Then roto or distill the alcohol at 35°c

You can use powders but two round of buchner alone usually does it. The buchner alone ime is better than powders. The a.c. and D. E. Ruined flavors

The initial dry purge to the butane extraction prior to emulsifying with ethanol was to make sure there’s no vapors or noticeable butane before washing it with ethanol.

1 Like

Pull the terps off the material first. Then extract and purge solvent and add back terps

What’s an appropriate % of terpenes to add back to crumble and not dissolve the crumble?

Can you suggest any good whipping techniques?

@Calbino I have parameters, techniques and tools for making EHO crumble if you would like to buy a clue you can DM me.

I have a pretty good idea on a process for making whipped crumble. I just need pointers on a good whipping technique or when the best time to whip is. I was thinking after the roto vape process to whip my extract on a hot plate around 120F using a stir bar. Then to pull Vac immediately after. Is this what you do?

“After the rotovap” is very arbitrary. What vac do you pull, what temp your water bath is, when you pull the RB flask off, how long you muffin in a vac oven after pouring up, what temp you set the hot plate to (120F is too low), what type of tool you’ll need to whip (stir bar isnt going to cut it). Again I have all these things pretty dialed in for ethanol crumble but it took a long time to get this process down. You can search on here or maybe someone else will give it away for free.

After extraction pour into a parchment bed like you would do with shatter. Vac until you can peal the slab off parchment. Then ball it up, pull and stretch pull and stretch till the shinyness goes away. Roll it out a little for less thickness. Set oven to 110 walk away and forget about it.

7 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

No vac when you set to 110 and walk away right?

A good way to get rid of the shininess is to take your eho and put it in between parchment and press it with no heat and pick it ball it up do that over and over then whip the fuck out of it.

I just do it like a taffy machine does. Pull stretch repeat. Correct no vac. I do use vac after it stiffens up, flips also.