Environmental Concerns over Disposable Vape Cartridges and Batteries

We have looked into recycling disposables*… all recycling plants we have talked to so far have told us that we would need to disassemble the device and pull the batteries out prior to bringing them in for recycling… even for old unused disposables*.

*Hate using the term disposable for these products, since they really should not be disposed of in the garbage. It’s technically illegal to throw any battery in the garbage in California. Single-use all-in-one vapes is more accurate.

4 Likes

GAIACA supports Carts for Arts. It is one of best way to up cycle, however, Trace THC has to be addressed. GAIACA has a full recycling program for Vape Pens.

GAIACA has a full recycling program for Vape Pens, Cartridges’, One time used pens, chargers, etc. I do not recommend disassembling the device. Lithium Ion Batteries are very reactive and it is a big safety issue. Our Process deactivates the entire pen and ultimately turns it into raw material (powder) = 100% recycling. We are currently working with some Major Brands, Vape Pens Hardware Companies and Companies that manufactures the chargers. At the end of the process we provide you with a recycling certificate.

1 Like

GAIACA has a full recycling program for Vape Pens, Cartridges’, One time used pens, chargers, etc. I do not recommend disassembling the device. Lithium Ion Batteries are very reactive and it is a big safety issue. Our Process deactivates the entire pen and ultimately turns it into raw material (powder) = 100% recycling. We are currently working with some Major Brands, Vape Pens Hardware Companies and Companies that manufactures the chargers. At the end of the process we provide you with a recycling certificate.
I have a video I can send you to see the full recycling process.

1 Like

because loops need closed…

@GAIACA188 welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

link?

please and thank you.

6 Likes