EHO Color Remediation

Do you have a side by side off using the [20% t5 and 4%ac] next to just [ac] or just [t5]?

Stainless steel triclamp filters can be setup in any soze you wish. I suggest a 10".

1 Like

Search results for 'bigger Buchner' - Future4200 ??

did you do your 50lb/5g etoh room temp testing yet?

2 Likes

Not yet, hoping to be able to within the next couple of weeks.

So im not sure if this is gonna help but i got some good results last night.
I extracted at -60C with denatured ethanol.
First pass in SPD. Got 870g.
Diluted 1:1 with heptane, brought up to 80C while stirring. Added 10% T5 Bentonite, 5% AC by distillate weight. Stirred and kept temp at 80C for 1 hour. Then i let it cool overnight slowly while continously spinning. (Yes ive noticed a difference from waiting overnight and letting it soak up more, but u dont notice the difference until u distill)
Then i prepped the 12" buchner with 500g t5 bentonite clay:600g heptane slurry. Suck it half dry and pack the edges neatly. Repeat with 1 kilo of cheap magsil:1.2 kilo heptane. Then 500g silica60: 600g heptane slurry. Then 100g AC/200g cheap magsil: 250g heptane. Once ur done dont suck it all the way dry, just enough to get the top layer firm.
Then dilute your Heptane Disty solution with 1 more part of Heptane. So 2 Heptane :1 Disty and filter through. Have cold (not freezing/ not hot) heptane to wash through. You can use the first 2 liters of heptane that comes out to rinse with (it wont have cannabinoids/ ive rotovaped it and got nothing). U want to collect like 4L of Heptane(about 2.5x what u initially started with.), then the rest can be deemed for “tails run”. (Altough the pictures attached had the “heptane tails” and ethanol portion added in) You can rinse with warm ethanol to kinda rinse the buchner funnel clean again to use.
Then i ran it again with 2% AC in the boiling flask.
800g final return from 870g. 92% yield.
I dont worry too much about AC taking my precious, with color like that

!

41 Likes

Wow, nice work :smiley:

2 Likes

What was the first pass color? Got a pic?

1 Like

Question now is Whats the %
Any isomerizations ?
But as always YOU are a CHAMP :+1::pray:

5 Likes

Im sending it in soon to alex from norcal analytics, now that testing is useful to so many here and not just myself, im going to start testing my first pass and second pass and posting them for u guys/gals.
@blackie i didnt take a picture of this particular first pass but it looked like standard first pass like this

7 Likes

So heres the pics for the water clear disty broken down.
(Those are 10g vials)

Then heres a second pass “not so water clear” i did all the steps above and phed saline rinses. And its been sitting out for over a month with no lid, hardly any redding :call_me_hand: and the same 1g syringe as this batch for reference.

Since i had to top off another 300g bottle of other material i noticed that the clear disty was “heavier” then the yellower disty when mixing. Nvm that doesnt seem to weird, the clear disty is colder.

Then heres the two fully mixed.

17 Likes

Whut temp

Wow, beautiful color. How long did it take to filter through the media in a Buchner?

The other difference between pressure and vacuum filtration that I didn’t see mentioned is that you can only achieve around 14psi with vacuum, where pressure filtration can go however high your vessel will handle (I stay at 60psi to be on the safe side).

1 Like

Maybe 10 minutes to filter and rinse. Yeah im working on pressure next, i want to use a 6" column for that and get a 50 or 75 psi PRV attached to it

1 Like

I just tried b80 it drastically choked up the filter speed and did virtually nothing

1 Like

Hexane is No mothers milk work in Well ventilated area and protect yourself

5 Likes

I think that when it comes to color remediation B80 wont do much at all. Maybe it is adsorbing water soluble molecules similar to what T5 does. Some online resources say that B80 is “naturally active” so it may just be the cheapest to produce version of an active bentonite clay.

On a side note, I also believe that T41 is a lower pH T5 with more active sites. It also has AC and AA in it as well.

From what I’ve read around here, T41 looks like it’s activated with sulfuric acid. Definitely lower Ph than most other medias.

Edit: Lower ph, not higher.

I’m wondering if hexane is any better at dissolving cannabinoids than heptane? That’s the only reason I could see to use it rather than heptane. They can both be had at about the same price from rightpricechemicals.com. Everyone sees the high boiling point of heptane and gets discouraged, but I found heptane to be as fast and easy to reclaim as methanol. It may have a high boiling point, but it evaporates very quickly.

1 Like

Pretty sure carbon chemistry told me that t41 has a lower ph and it is a t5/10%ac blend with the ac and t5 having the same/similar um. Regular ac is different um than t5 so it doesn’t have the same effectiveness blending them yourself. I tried blending myself and failed to get the same results

3 Likes