Earthbag Structures

Been wanting to do these for years.

4 Likes

I’m going to visit home for Thanksgiving, I’ll take some pics and post em here when I can!

2 Likes

Pics as promised!

8 Likes

The company I am working with currently is very interested in hempcrete and I plan on having them supply me with as much as I want at cost so that I can build giant awesome structures out in the desert and promote the tech.

Super stoked

12 Likes

Speaking of giant awesomen shit in the desert…anybody familiar with Arcosanti?

3 Likes

Anyone have knowledge in geopolymer concretes? It’s superior to ordinary Portland cement mixes in almost every way. Maybe there’s a way to add hemp into a geopolymer mix, that way could be used for structural support/foundations.

2 Likes

Pictures or it didn’t happen buddy!

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

7 Likes

Soooooo, I’ve got a plan. We crowdfund a plot of land somewhere that has nice weather for permaculture year round, we buy a few box trucks and start picking up everyone’s waste hemp biomass for a small fee, the small fee gets saved in an account to buy the rest of the building materials we need to make hempcrete, as the biomass builds up we build more and more houses and communal structures. Then we all live happily ever after on a happy healthy plot of land.

6 Likes

Geopolymer is the future of sustainable structure design and building.

I have a geopolymer recipe of my own creation that is 100% natural and practically edible.

Stronger than concrete and can be sprayed onto an airform WITHOUT the need for toxic rebar in your walls.

Lifehouse is semi-underground housing with design element allowing one to passively heat and cool with no moving parts, keeping temperature stable all year round.

Waaaaaaaay less work than all these heavy ass types of building like earthbag and strawbale. Also cleaner and longer lasting. 70% of the material for the “cement” (which is really more of a ceramic) comes from the actual earth where the Lifehouse is built. Children can build these structures.

5 Likes

For real!

Any links to what you’re referring.

Sounds like a new age take on the crusty passive guys of yore. Interested for sure.

2 Likes

I’m in dood. As long as we can build a mushroom cultivation building. These are my conditions. NO EXCEPTIONS! Lol :wink:

3 Likes

We’re gonna grow cordyceps, lions mane, all the brain boosters!

3 Likes

Don’t get me too excited! I’m liable to grab a shovel and take a drive! I’m getting pretty fuckin tired of all this inside work!

2 Likes

Where do I learn about this?

2 Likes