Docu-style piece about vaping - hoping for help

Hi Matt, I’m not sure how to DM as I’m new to this platform. Used to reddit. Can you email me? Natalie.Brunell@charter.com.

ABC news adjunct?

1 Like

Hey they. Happy to help that are some counterfeiting measure you can use. We will be implementing cannverify on our vape products once they are released. There are also many easy to spot things that quickly identifies a fake cart. I will send you over an email too.

So as long as they are not counterfeit it’s ok to vape vitamin E?

4 Likes

Email doesnt work?

Natalie, You’re going to open Pandora’s box. This will not be a short, easy road for what you’re signing up for. We have to trust you will report this the correct way on an unbiased perspective. You should do some research on this forum just to have a better understanding of the industry you’re covering. I’m talking about the types of people who are here. They range from the leading industrial business owners to self-medicating patients who can’t afford pricy cannabis medicine at shops.

@Demontrich This is an opportunity. We cannot expect an outsider to know the difference. This day was going to eventually arrive and the circumstances are unfortunate. That’s why this is a rare chance for every angle to be covered correctly.

@Phytoalchemy Honestly, nobody can prove what’s in their pen is safe. Standard testing doesn’t cover even close to the number of additives that could potentially be harmful in vaporizing.

5 Likes

I used to work with ABC News network, now I’m a senior correspondent with Spectrum which does longer-from VICE-style pieces and I’m an adjunct at USC.

5 Likes

Nat do you vape THC carts?

10 Likes

We are still not fully understanding what the cause is for these illnesses. Vitamin E acetate seems to be in the lead but we still dont know yet. Vitamin E is also different from vitamin e acetate and I think its important you state which once your are talking about.

While its wrong to say just black market carts are the cause there is clearly a huge issue with counterfeiting where consumers dont realise what they are buying believing it is real. For all of us we can clearly spot them but for others they cant. The honey cut and all of these products originally came out imo to sell products the look like they are something they are not. When you have a company that you know has good product you want to be sure its real otherwise you go back to the same issue with not knowing whats in there.

Vitamin e acetate, Spice, K2 or synthetic cannabinoid take your pick. It is impossible to know if the cart you have has either in it. It is also going to be easy to knock off the antiknockoff system as the Chinese don’t see that…

5 Likes

Cannverify cant be fucked with. It runs on blockcahin and is very similar to 2 factor authentication. While you are right we wont know if a company has added these to there carts you stand a far better chance that someone with a license or company who can be brought to court wont do that. You can also see from the test results and potency. With BM carts majority of tests are bullshit or say 97% thc which is just bullshit.

Does each cart has a sticker or bar code?

1 Like

I know the black market is much bigger than the regulated market and I’m hearing most of the cannabis products originate in California - I just want to get the right info out there and understand it so people make sound decisions. I hope that helps. I just need people willing to help me in LA/SoCal.

I see they system. So the big Q is what does it cost?

This actually might be the right person. I background checked her on most of her reports from almost 3 years. She covered the weed industry a few times. She covered an investigation of corruption. Reporters tend to stick away from these cases when their hands are dirty. All this doesn’t compare to the most important stories she covers. She covers victims of health related topics. This means a lot because she has compassion for the humankind. She is trying to better this world by covering these topics. This is 90% of her stories. She maybe not one of us, but she has a similar mindset.

6 Likes

Im trying to find the prciing sheet i looked at but it evades me now. It starts a 10c from 1000-25k and goes as low as 5cents for 250k+

1 Like

$.10 wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

1 Like

@SpectrumNat check your inbox

Any of the big homies wanna shadow me? :joy:

1 Like

The link was posted on here. I will not find it, your job.

I’m assuming you’re referring to the leafly article that was shared, in which they state

" The FDA has received about 120 samples for testing. So far, they’ve found vitamin E acetate in 10 of the 18 THC samples. The FDA is testing seized carts for THC, nicotine, cutting agents called diluents, additives, pesticides, opioids, poisons, and toxins. One New York patient who tested his cart found it contained formaldehyde, pesticide, vitamin E oil, and “a little dab of THC.”"

This does not specify dispensary carts, just carts in general. They use the term “patients” in some parts but that’s only a correlation. The closest I found is this article that cites the same report and uses the term “patients” again but without explicitly saying patients of dispensaries.

There was one alleged case connecting to one store, which was also mostly anecdotal.

In fact that same leafly article stated

" Of Ohio’s 17 confirmed cases, 90% are black market THC cart-related, and none are medical cannabis system-related."

While I agree that there are plenty of ethical BM vape producers, most of this information is anecdotal and currently just loosely correlated research. The current state of carts is bad for the BM and LM. Let’s avoid spreading pseudo-truths before the results are in

I trust that you’re an ethical person and deserve to feel pigeon holed into a smear campaign against the BM, I’m not knocking you or your business.

1 Like