DIY Fraction Finder on a budget

I used https://www.kproxy.com/ as my workaround.

Looks good.

I will check the specific sensors I have. They are adafruit breakout boards. The all-in-one SparkFun one is better. Might pick one up to use your code.

2 Likes

Damn @CBNight trying to get all of our information you little hacker. I’m only joking.

Glad you finally are sharing this with the community. Seems like I’ve been seeing this for the last 3-4 months.

Good job little brother. Wish you were still right down the road but we will catch up soon. :beers:

8 Likes

Thanks! It’s fixed now! The adafruit breakout also uses AMS sensors i believe (whether it be an as72651, as72652, or as72653). It should also work with what you have.

4 Likes

Haha you know me man. We’ve been talking about this one for a while. Sounds great brotha :fire:

3 Likes

The adafruit light sensor breakouts I have aren’t the AMS type. I have a few different ones for UV, IR and visible light, but they are cheap, and none of them are probably good enough for this application.

I will probably pick up the one you are using, or this one.

2 Likes

Almost bought that one. If anything it would be better as you could use your own fiber optic light source off circuit board to reduce stray light and then use the electronic shutter signal to open and close a shutter.

3 Likes

Love the idea of this thread. I need me a solution like this. Thanks for opening the conversation @CBNight. Thanks for the contributions thus far @blackie! Lets keep it movin! Cheers

7 Likes

Handheld!! That is so cool! thanks for sharing that.

4 Likes

I’m taking bets…

How many posts got by before someone hates on this project? :thinking:

1:2 - under 100 post
4/5 - under 200 post
2:1 - under 500 post.

Lol. I’m just joking but I know someone gonna come in and say this shit isn’t possible with over the counter tools and hardware.

11 Likes

LOL, there’s always someone that’ll say shit isn’t possible but we can’t let that stop us from trying.

8 Likes

I’ll take the 1:2 under 100 for a stack. If this involves and Chinese part it will be under 50, guaranted. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

You can ask @CBNight. Straight up. I asked him tonight for another project he is working on as long as it’s all Chinese parts. :joy::rofl::joy:. He’s like I’m giving it to you at cost. I said even more reason to make it all china. Trust me. He has another one he’s working on that cool too.

And the part in question for a legit one it’s only like $35. I just wanna China version just to upset people.

I swear I’m the furthest nationality away from Chinese. :joy::rofl::joy:

8 Likes

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.2042-7158.1975.tb09424.x

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @drjackhughes. Im lame in this area so I appreciate your experience. I didn’t take the same from the article. I guess if I cant see thc then there must be indicators in the same range that we can use? Chlorophyll or sumthin… I dunno, spitballin…

2 Likes

Fraction Finder documentation shows THC above 450 nm. These sensors go down to 410 nm

3 Likes

right? I think its gonna be more doable then thought. You @blackie are one tek smaht mainah bub, respect! I really want a couple of them 901p sensor setups too.

uhhhhh

1 Like

Don’t say anything @AlexSiegel

can you show how the sensor is up against glass? just got done ordering all the parts

I had to play with it to align with the flowing distillate. I had used diffraction tape, black tape, etc. to block out stray light and get the sensors to read right. While I kind of rigged it just to get a proof of concept I need to make a mount. With all my ongoing projects I never got to it but it could easily be machined out of Delrin. Please excuse the ghetto-ness of this mess.

10 Likes