Distillation on the budget / silly idea / some questions

Croatia. You are blassed there, people here use to buy oil from Netherland and than sell it here but most of stuff here is absolute fake and shit.

1 Like

Make a wish list
See what i can do

1 Like

Explain to me what end product You are looking to make i might make You a wish list i am good in TEC on a budget so might get You gooing for penny s

1 Like

Ok here we go,
You Are about to make a full spectrum oil by using an alcohol of Some type.
Now the distiller You are going to try Will give You heaps of problems
Please try to make a moonahine type of distiller operating in a sous vide manner.
Making a disstiller Some metal tubes a paintcan can get You there
A hotplate and a thermometer are a must
Reason beeing that ro be able to reuse your alcohol You Need to be able to stop distilling once the azeotrope fraction of ethanol has stopped
And a way water richer mixture is beeing distilled
Even drying your biomass in an oven at 50C for 2 hours Will leave a water content of 3-4 % If bio Mass was dry When put in the oven
Biomass that is dry for smoking still has up to 12% water content
Using the Chinese boy distiller won t. Give You the cappacity to know When that is
Making your alcohol have a higher water content every time You use iT
Untill one day You use that alcohol to winterize a product in your Home frezer and find out iT is all frozen :cry:
Decarboxilation Will happen When distilling under atmospheric pressure
So unless You distill under vacuum iT Will happen
Degradation of pruduct is minimal If You keep a grip on temperatures not exeeding 135C
This is why i recomend sous vide making sure You never exeed 100C
If You would like a list of parts needed to built one yourself let me know

2 Likes

For those following along in the US…

https://www.amazon.com/Still-Spirits-Turbo-Air/dp/B00BWUJKHG works quite well without mods.

At least according to the home user I suggested it too when she got to the “I want to recover my solvent” point.

Others agree…

2 Likes

The studies you mention are often cited but are incorrect. I routinely get full decarb with neglible CBN decarbing between 90c and 110c. I usually cook for about 30 minutes at 110c to cook off water and residual solvent then go down to 90c for another 90 minutes. I’ve never failed to get full decarb and I usually get levels of CBN below detectable limits.

And that’s just for oils where I care about terps. If I’m decarbing a distillate crude I go straight to 140c and stay there for 2.5 to 3 hours. I think one time I ended up with 0.7% CBN.

5 Likes

thank you!

I too have seen zero CBN production, and no evidence of cannabinoid losses on decarb. The SRI GC I used to use for in house analytics are apparently prone to CBN blindness, but my 3rd party results never showed significant CBN either.

1 Like

I used several of these water stills for the first year I was making distillate circa 2013/14.

They aren’t great if there’s less than like 100g of oil in the solution, but other than that they work just fine. Like mentioned previously, don’t let the solution run down to nothing and you will be good to go

3 Likes

It sounds good for the beginning and for the small batches. So what you are telling is that after distillating in the chinese 750W boy I dont have to decarb it later on the hot plate? Distillate it until there is 100-200mL of solvent left and then I should just finish the vaporization of ethanol on hot plate stirrer at 80-85 degrees ? Also, I am going to mod chinese boy how @SkyHighLer described, so it should make it distill under lower temperature.

Yes, distillation under vacuum will be a must, I will hit you up in the inbox, thanks man!! I didnt know that actually dry buds have 12 percent of water. Should I always dry it at 50C in the oven for 2 hours to lower the percentage of water in the plant?

Ok iT is still not clear what You wan t to achieve as end product ?

When putting material to dry in a normal household oven at 50C
Decarboxilation takes place
Low amount but iT does happen
So If oil is your aim No problem
But If shatter is your aim 50 is to high
So better 4 hours at 50 with the oven door half open +- 40 C

1 Like

Oil is my final product. Ok!

Oil for smoking or for swallowing ?

Diffrence is
Oil for swallowing is oil with medical benefits pain relief,cancer fighting agent(?) epilepsie fighting agent etc etc
Oil for smoking is recreational
An oil with taste of cannabis and without chlorofyl Wich Gives a harsh and bitter taste

Swallowing, for medical purpose of course.