Distillate terpenes mixture help

This.

Hte or bust imo and you can mix hte waaayyy heavier in my experience.

3 Likes

6% with these steam distilled terpenes isn’t harsh on me.

You think the terpenes play a role?

Well duh lemme rephrase

You think each terpenes are different?

Like some will need 2-3% and some will need 5-6%?

As I haven’t ever used or had a 2-3% terpene cut cart ever so id be interested in seeing how it turn out

1 Like

Yes the quality of terps exactly.

Some terps will require a higher ratio compared to others yes?

What I am basing my experience on is customer reviews. We started at like 5% waited for customer reviews then adjusted accordingly. I don’t make carts, I just make 1g syringes to refill carts. I am sure you could go heavier on some and less on others. I also don’t personally some distillate. Even though I made it I am still not a fan. So I have to rely on customer feed back. But I will tell you this. Every person I’ve talked to say my refills are better than the carts they buy. So I guess I’m doing something right.

2 Likes

You are doing something right yes. Stick to it, thats how we succeed.

In my cart experience 5%-6% is the sweet spot, i may do lower tho.

Good to hear your syringes are better than carts too

2 Likes

200ml of distillate and 8ml of terps will it mix well?

That’s 4% which is a little on the low side imo but not by much.

Can you mix it? yes you can heat up the distillate and mix in the 4% terps

Will it work well in your hardware though? That’s something you’ll have to figure out

I find 6% terps w/w works for me, been using Eybna terps for the botanicals.

I just follow the cart farm mixing directions, high heat/short residence time (wine sealer, short burst microwave, x1000 mixing, then into the CF1000). Seems to work fine!

3 Likes

What’s the deal with the wine sealer? I’ve seen it mentioned before but I don’t understand what it is or how to use it.

It’s heavier than air, so you use it to displace oxygen in the headspace of your container before heating to theoretically reduce oxidation (discoloration and impacts on odor).

Personally, I stopped doing it; I didn’t notice an appreciable impact on anything using it vs. not.

1 Like